Contributing Member
    Liked: 899

Default You wanna talk about a great community?

(many of you know the first part of this story already)

So a couple of years ago, while on vacation in Scotland with my family, I caved in and bought the RF 90 from Gordy Good. Basically, on emails and a digital handshake. I had been watching the listing forever, I coulnd't resist any longer. It was a really, really good experience. (Scotch may have played a part in the decision-making process....)

So, I've been nosing around Michael Bulzachelli's RF 84 for like 6 months. I don't need another car, but daughter #2 has been pining away for some racing experience, and autocross may be her bag. So, we do the deal over email, AND he agrees to deliver the car from NJ to a friend of a friend in CT, for free (because, as of now, we Canucks cannot drive to the US yet). I don't know the receiver, but the go-between guy does and sets it all up.

So on Monday, again without ever speaking to either the seller or the "receiver", Michael delivers the car, I transfer the funds (again, while on vacation, this time driving on the Trans Canada from PEI to Montreal), and we're all good. I speak to the receiver, and he confirms that everything that should have arrived has in fact arrived.

NOT TRUE! In fact, considerably more was thrown in to the deal (as in some really good bits) by Michael than I had expected, so a very very pleasant surprise. And Glenn, the receiver, is sorta like "Come get it when you can, we're good, stay safe". Wow. Great guys all around.

So, a big shoutout to a couple of folks here:

1. Michael the seller - a straight-up and righteous dude

2. Agnif (aka Stonebridge). (What, how is he involved?). He offered to receive and store the car if needed, and the only reason I did not go there is that we managed to devise a better logistical solution to the situation. However, he stepped up to help, right away, no questions asked.

3. David Clubine of BritainWest (the middleman). Sure, you could consider this a paid commercial for BWM, given that I owe him so much money after the RF 90 crash earlier this year, but he made this all happen re the 84

4. Glenn the receiver. I am not giving away his identity for fear of him being deluged with similarly ridiculous request, but all I can say is "Wow, what a guy!"

The point of this lengthy post is quite simple. Its a pretty cool community we have, where, with very few exceptions, you can take people at their word AND folks will do you a solid when you are in deep shart......

cheers,
    BT

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Bill;

Great shout out. And you are right, this is more than a racing community, it’s family.

Quote Originally Posted by billtebbutt View Post
    (many of you know the first part of this story already)

So a couple of years ago, while on vacation in Scotland with my family, I caved in and bought the RF 90 from Gordy Good. Basically, on emails and a digital handshake. I had been watching the listing forever, I coulnd't resist any longer. It was a really, really good experience. (Scotch may have played a part in the decision-making process....)

So, I've been nosing around Michael Bulzachelli's RF 84 for like 6 months. I don't need another car, but daughter #2 has been pining away for some racing experience, and autocross may be her bag. So, we do the deal over email, AND he agrees to deliver the car from NJ to a friend of a friend in CT, for free (because, as of now, we Canucks cannot drive to the US yet). I don't know the receiver, but the go-between guy does and sets it all up.

So on Monday, again without ever speaking to either the seller or the "receiver", Michael delivers the car, I transfer the funds (again, while on vacation, this time driving on the Trans Canada from PEI to Montreal), and we're all good. I speak to the receiver, and he confirms that everything that should have arrived has in fact arrived.

NOT TRUE! In fact, considerably more was thrown in to the deal (as in some really good bits) by Michael than I had expected, so a very very pleasant surprise. And Glenn, the receiver, is sorta like "Come get it when you can, we're good, stay safe". Wow. Great guys all around.

So, a big shoutout to a couple of folks here:

1. Michael the seller - a straight-up and righteous dude

2. Agnif (aka Stonebridge). (What, how is he involved?). He offered to receive and store the car if needed, and the only reason I did not go there is that we managed to devise a better logistical solution to the situation. However, he stepped up to help, right away, no questions asked.

3. David Clubine of BritainWest (the middleman). Sure, you could consider this a paid commercial for BWM, given that I owe him so much money after the RF 90 crash earlier this year, but he made this all happen re the 84

4. Glenn the receiver. I am not giving away his identity for fear of him being deluged with similarly ridiculous request, but all I can say is "Wow, what a guy!"

The point of this lengthy post is quite simple. Its a pretty cool community we have, where, with very few exceptions, you can take people at their word AND folks will do you a solid when you are in deep shart......

cheers,
    BT
    V/r

Iverson

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information