Liked: 108

Default FF engine builder id

Recently picked up a spare Ford FF engine
    Has CCH stamped on the head and intake manifold.
    Looking for info regarding this builder. I do recall a company called competition cylinder heads but internet has been no help
    Thanks

Contributing Member
    Liked: 899

Re CCH, i believe they are long gone, but had a pretty good reputation in the day

bt

Liked: 39

Default Cch

Competition Cylinder Heads, was located in Richmond Virginia area some years ago. Jim Orrell was the man and his cylinder heads and intake manifolds were "matched" as a set. First class work and definitely valuable parts today.

4. The following 4 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Gary Godula's Avatar
    Liked: 60

Default CCH Heads

CCH provided race-ready cylinder heads and intake manifolds as matched sets to engine builders such at Andresen Engine Development or to Quicksilver. Tom Andresen updated my former Quicksilver engine with a CCH head and intake, and I still use that head 15+ years later.

There should be other engine builder IDs on the engine. Both Quicksilver and Andresen used a section of the engine block upper face which is not covered by the head to mark their engines. I have a Lloyning engine that is only stamped on the head and intake in the same place as CCH. Does your engine have any other stampings anywhere to help ID it?
    Gary Godula
    '88 Reynard FF88
    SCCA Club Racing / Solo #57 FF/CM

Liked: 108

Default Block id

Will look closer at the block. I did remove the pan and found the name Hayworth written on the crank with a paint marker. Hard to believe that would still be there if the motor had much time on it. I was told it came out of a Lola in the Knoxville area Many years ago. Perhaps the name rings a bell with someone.
    Thanks!

Thread Information