Liked: 1

Default Question about P2 Flat Bottom/Tunnel Equipped Cars.

In what year did the SCCA make rule changes about tunnel equipped chassis and flat floor designed chassis for Stohr/West, etc. P2 cars? I have heard that they mandated a change? Correct? Any insight or information would be appreciated and THANKS FOR ANY INFO? Jerry

Liked: 553

Not a super useful reply, but wasn't it when they changed from CSR/DSR to P1/P2?

If yes, maybe you could look on the SCCA web site for the year of the first P1 and P2 national champions.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 285

The P2 Rules were developed in 2013 for the 2014 season. The original rules sought to keep the most allowance of any of the restricted classes we were trying to combine. So the FIA CN cars and Sports 2000 had restrictions on overhangs and diffusers. The least restrictive was the CN rules and if you look at the P2 rules you'll find the the working is virtually identical to the CN rules.

Many folks with DSR and CSR cars with tunnels (i.e. Stohr WF-1), simply added tunnel blockers. Others reverted to the first-gen Stohr floor which was already compliant. Dauntless (now Stohr Cars) make a P2 specific floor that probably pushes the rules to the limit.

Hope that helps.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 58

Default floor

Quote Originally Posted by David Ferguson View Post
    The P2 Rules were developed in 2013 for the 2014 season. The original rules sought to keep the most allowance of any of the restricted classes we were trying to combine. So the FIA CN cars and Sports 2000 had restrictions on overhangs and diffusers. The least restrictive was the CN rules and if you look at the P2 rules you'll find the the working is virtually identical to the CN rules.

Many folks with DSR and CSR cars with tunnels (i.e. Stohr WF-1), simply added tunnel blockers. Others reverted to the first-gen Stohr floor which was already compliant. Dauntless (now Stohr Cars) make a P2 specific floor that probably pushes the rules to the limit.

Hope that helps.
    I still have a original stock floor from my WEST if anyone needs one, it goes from the roll bar back and was replaced
    when we were allow tunnels.
    speedmandave@outlook.com

Liked: 83

Default DSR CSR to P1 P2

If you want any more info on this I was the Chair Person for both the Ad Hoc Committees that developed the rule sets for P1 and P2, you can PM me and we can talk directly if you wish.
    In 2013 the SCCA BoD mandated a combination of classes intending to have only 1 Sport Racing class, the FSRAC (Formula Sport Racing Advisory Committee) pushed back and proposed that 3 classes become 2 combining S2 DSR CSR into P1 P2, fortunately the CRB supported that and the BoD was convinced.

David

Contributing Member
    Liked: 81

Default Dsr csr

I've still got my last Kokopelli DSR and am curious, Do either P1 or P2 allow cars that met the " 45 percent " rule?

Chris

Liked: 231

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherBernard View Post
    I've still got my last Kokopelli DSR and am curious, Do either P1 or P2 allow cars that met the " 45 percent " rule?

Chris
    P1 allows DSR aero and then some.

-Mark
    Mark Uhlmann
    Vancouver, Canada
    '12 Stohr WF1

Liked: 83

Default P1

The aero in P1 is almost unlimited, so if the car was a legal CSR or DSR it should be ok in P1 with engine consideration looked at.
    Bodywork above the floor is more liberal to accommodate the more modern designs that come from other series.
    David

Thread Information