Thread: Fit Service

Liked: 0

Default Fit Service

Howdy folks! I'm looking for any guidance on the fit maintenance. I had prepped it last year using a garage out of town last autocross season and now I'm hitting a few snags on doing the basics. Any service manuals or write-ups available? Looking for capacities, fill and drain locations, possibly replacement part/assembly diagrams.

Thanks! Love you guys.

Liked: 295

I bought a honda fit service manual. Really though it doesn't have much in it. I pump out the oil with a cheap pump and put in 5.5 quarts and if that looks too low I might add a bit. Other than change the oil I blew out the air filter and topped off the coolant after I left the cap a bit loose and it pumped some out. l believe it was new in 2013 so it should not need anything.

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

With respect, I suggest that you need car info rather than FIT engine info.
    The Honda engine literally needs no attention. I believe you need info like oil tank level, and info how to maintain your coolant system, etc.

Perhaps list your car model, and someone with a FIT engine in that model car can best advise you.
    Most of it is generic race car info ...... like put in the most oil that won't blow out into your catch can in a session of the length that you run.

The only thing most of us use our workshop manual for is the valve lash specs. Anybody can tell you those values.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Did my mid-season (6-7 events) engine service today on my fleet of 3 honda powered cars. Oil and filter change. Also did my annual engine service today. Valve adjustment. While it was certainly not a "waste of time", it was not necessary. On 48 valves, I moved two perhaps .001" , and the rest less than .0005". Obviously, that has more to do with operator variance than any technical change. The key with the Honda continues to be "keep coolant in it". Don't clog up your radiators with grass or hole them with stones. Set alarms for WT. Pressure test your cooling system regularly. If in doubt, park it. The engine won't slow down as it overheats ..... it just reaches a point where it is cooked. Don't let that happen!
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

6. The following 5 users liked this post:

Thread Information