Liked: 5

Default Gemini FF owners

Attention Gemini Formula Ford owners both current and previous. This year is the 40th Anniversary of the 81-C. If you are or were an owner of one of these cars, it would be great to hear from you. As part of the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, the program is scheduled to have a tribute to the Pittsburgh built cars. We are also hoping you will participate as a driver or an attendee in the PVGP Historics and Schenley Park Races. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Bob Albert
    Current owner of Chassis 01
    Previous owner of Chassis 02 1984-1996

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 1

Just chiming in on your post. We account for chassis number 05 and 08 in Columbus, OH. Chassis 05 is completely torn down due in part to a bad frame and was used for parts at one point. Chassis number 08 is a complete car that is used for occasional autocrosses. Not sure if schedules would align to make it over there.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 976

The Gemini was the first formula car that I drove; I have no idea what the chassis number was. My friend Jack LIndsay purchased the car in '93 or '94 from Gary Dean in Pittsburgh for another friend, Bill Smith, to drive. Bill later decided he needed to spend time with his family so I got the call. I only raced the car a couple of times before it was sold and we moved into a DB1, but it was a very nice car to drive and work on. If I locate any photos I will get them posted.

Default Update

John, the car you drove was chassis 09 if it was Gary Dean’s. I’m still looking for the following chassis numbers, 02, 04, 06, 07 and 09. Some of these may be configured as ‘I’ cars such as One owned by Kevin Thomas.

Liked: 47

Default Gemini

Owned a Gemini for a few years (2008-2010)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ian Lenhart
    Level 11 Creative
    www.level11creative.com
    lenhart06@yahoo.com

Liked: 47

Default Gemini

Probably the fastest guy in his Gemini is Jim Locke. Does Jim still have his car?
    Ian Lenhart
    Level 11 Creative
    www.level11creative.com
    lenhart06@yahoo.com

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 68

Quote Originally Posted by CrozzLee View Post
    Just chiming in on your post. We account for chassis number 05 and 08 in Columbus, OH. Chassis 05 is completely torn down due in part to a bad frame and was used for parts at one point. Chassis number 08 is a complete car that is used for occasional autocrosses. Not sure if schedules would align to make it over there.
    Just a couple of more notes on these. 05 is/was an outboard suspension car, 08 was an "I" chassis, but has been converted to outboard suspension. I owned them briefly and now my son does....
    Craig Butt

Default Chassis 03

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lenhart View Post
    Probably the fastest guy in his Gemini is Jim Locke. Does Jim still have his car?
    Jim still owns his

Liked: 142

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lenhart View Post
    yes he does, it's still in Pittsburgh. Car is dissembled in his shop and I bitch at him all the time to put it back together!
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Liked: 6

Default 82 gemini chassis 5 and 8

I have them now. 8 is being set up for autocrossing, 5 will be restored. If there are any pictures of 5 when it was runnable, I would love to see them.

14. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by racerbob57 View Post
    Attention Gemini Formula Ford owners both current and previous. This year is the 40th Anniversary of the 81-C. If you are or were an owner of one of these cars, it would be great to hear from you. As part of the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, the program is scheduled to have a tribute to the Pittsburgh built cars. We are also hoping you will participate as a driver or an attendee in the PVGP Historics and Schenley Park Races. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Bob Albert
    Current owner of Chassis 01
    Previous owner of Chassis 02 1984-1996

Looks like I'm a bit late in replying here, but I'm the current owner of Chassis 02. I have it out in CA, been racing it sporadically with the crossflow cup series out here the past 3-4 years. We bought it in 2012 from Ben Holzer in WI and ran with VSCDA a few times before moving it out west. I believe its the same car pictured in Ian Lenhart's post. Same 06 number, but different paint scheme.

I'm having the motor re-done at Ivey right now, and am hoping to make it to the final three crossflow race weekends this season (if job and family permit). Still a great car, I've been having a lot of fun with it the past few years.

-Dave

The 02 chassis was my baby from 1984 through 1996. Great car. Worst mistake I made was selling her. Take care of her. I now have the 01 chassis.

Bob Albert

Quote Originally Posted by daviddupuis View Post
    Looks like I'm a bit late in replying here, but I'm the current owner of Chassis 02. I have it out in CA, been racing it sporadically with the crossflow cup series out here the past 3-4 years. We bought it in 2012 from Ben Holzer in WI and ran with VSCDA a few times before moving it out west. I believe its the same car pictured in Ian Lenhart's post. Same 06 number, but different paint scheme.

I'm having the motor re-done at Ivey right now, and am hoping to make it to the final three crossflow race weekends this season (if job and family permit). Still a great car, I've been having a lot of fun with it the past few years..

-Dave

Chassis 01 at PVGP last July

Quote Originally Posted by daviddupuis View Post

I'm having the motor re-done at Ivey right now, and am hoping to make it to the final three crossflow race weekends this season (if job and family permit). Still a great car, I've been having a lot of fun with it the past few years.

-Dave

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by racerbob57 View Post
    The 02 chassis was my baby from 1984 through 1996. Great car. Worst mistake I made was selling her. Take care of her. I now have the 01 chassis.

Bob Albert

Maybe worst mistake for you, but best thing for me! I love driving it and have gone over every nut and bolt over the years. Been a great learning experience for me as well. Sounds like you know quite a bit about the Gemini's. I may reach out to you if I ever get stuck on something. You should bring #01 out to the west coast for a Crossflow Cup race. They usually have 35-50 FF's racing clean and hard. Be great to see a couple Geminis running together.

Thread Information