Liked: 27

Default New To PFM Question

Can anyone tell me what the rectangular holes are for on each side of the roll bar hoop cover?

Im thinking about re-locating my beacon to those openings, instead of drilling holes in my new front shock cover, when I get it. I’ll have to fab up a mount for each side.

Liked: 324

If the top of the roll hoop is not exposed, track rescue crews won't have anything to connect a strap on to and lift the car. Look on the inside of these rectangular holes and you will probably find there is a cross beam on the roll hoop. This cross beam should be at the top of your rectangular hole. A lifting strap will go through these holes and allow a tow truck to pick the car up vertically. You want to make sure and keep this area clear of wires, sensors etc. If you have something blocking the way of a lifting strap, the strap will move it out of the way whether you want it to or not.

Liked: 285

Drill holes in the new front shock cover. That's the way the cars all ran in the pro series.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

4. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 281

The holes in the roll hoop cover are for a tow bar/strap. There really isn't a lot of extra room there to locate a beacon receiver. Stick with the shock cover location.

Liked: 27

Okay makes total sense. Thanks everyone!

Liked: 231

Or ditch the beacon and buy a GPS system from Dave and Ellen at Veracity

-Mark
    Mark Uhlmann
    Vancouver, Canada
    '12 Stohr WF1

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information