Liked: 28

Default Misery In Portland

Terrible start my season last week end. Lost a motor, looks like carb jetting most likely, I may have missed the symptoms due to new data system that was not 100% functional. My new motor lasted all of 2 laps in qualify Saturday, missed the race. Put in my 700.00 dollar Ebay special for Sunday, got 2 more laps in Sunday qual before a choke cable popped out and stopped my qual session. On Sunday Race, since I still did not have any data on how things were running and not certain the failure mode of the engine, I went with the set up I had. Rocket start to lead the couple FF's into turn 1, motor went flat at apex when I went back on the gas and nursed the car around for a few laps but but could not keep the EGT's reasonable and motor not responding well. No motor damage since I at least had a working dash and monitored it. Jeff had issues with his 600 MC and was crawling around at FV pace on Saturday so he did not stick around for Sunday.

Good news-The Smarty Cam worked great, still working out some data system bugs but the video was great and my ability to navigate the new RS3 race analysis is really improving. Also happy so far with the new motor mounting situation and I really notice a difference between the 494 and 593.

Liked: 227

Lance - hope things get better from here. You will definitely enjoy the power of the 593.

Cory

Liked: 82

Lance tough weekend, I'm sure it will get better.

Liked: 28

I now have a running car again . After Portland, I towed up to the Majors in Washington over Memorial day, continued with fuel delivery problems (Oil was plugging up the pulse side of the fuel pump), but I got that solved and developed a new electrical problem and EGT problems continued to not read correctly. Finally got it all sorted out with some re-wiring of kill switch CKT that was starting to develop an intermittent short, and on my umpteenth configuration download to my data system, I finally got my EGTs to read over 1000 deg. Unfortunately due to no seat time and great expense to qualify for the runoffs, I will not be attending Indy this year. Next year I should be retired, so I may try and get to VIR. Happy times ahead... (cautiously Optimistic waiting for outing in August and still have not got reverse to work after sending another box in for programming with reverse active)

Thread Information