Liked: 35

Default Flatshifter Expert help please

I have a Flatshifter Expert/Max system on my Stohr WF1 that I've managed to mess up somehow. After reassembling the car this spring it had no spark. Tracing the issue, I found the ignition cut circuit of the Expert system (for upshifts) was adding a lot of resistance to the system. Assuming I had accidently switched polarity of the connection to my K6 ignition system I reversed the connection and had a running motor.

Except.. now if there is any ignition cut I cannot detect it. Have to crack throttle on every upshift to successfully get the next gear.

Digging back into the manual it looks like this current setup is reversed from what it should be, with a warning of dire consequences if done incorrectly. Much as I would like to follow the manual, having a running motor is kinda nice.

So, am I sending this unit to England.. or can someone here point out where/how I've been an idiot? (probably both)

Phil Leavens
    2004 Stohr WF1 "Rocket"

Liked: 133

The US representative is Richard Cottrill, Rilltech Racing.

Did you happen to use the test switch with the engine running to check to see if the upshift and downshift functions? The test switch basically replaces/replicates the load cell for testing purposes.
    Craig Farr
    Stohr WF1 P2

Quote Originally Posted by Farrout48 View Post
    The US representative is Richard Cottrill, Rilltech Racing.

Did you happen to use the test switch with the engine running to check to see if the upshift and downshift functions? The test switch basically replaces/replicates the load cell for testing purposes.
    Yes, I have the downshift "blip" working as per the manual. Unit beeps and lights go on using the test switch or the paddles with the solenoid disconnected. But no sign of ignition cut on upshifts.

I'll call Richard, thanks.

Phil

Looks like Richard can fix this unit with a full circuit board replacement, when he can get one.

Thanks

Phil

Thread Information