Thread: set up advice

Liked: 47

Default set up advice

bought a set of the avon RADIALS that were, apparently the tire used in the FC pro series or something. i know traditionally that radials want more camber and lower pressures but if anyone has used these and has some specific advice they would like to share , i would like to hear it vs the bias ply tires . thx.

Liked: 3280

Quote Originally Posted by stvsxm View Post
    bought a set of the avon RADIALS that were, apparently the tire used in the FC pro series or something. i know traditionally that radials want more camber and lower pressures but if anyone has used these and has some specific advice they would like to share , i would like to hear it vs the bias ply tires . thx.
    I don't know about Avons, but other radials I have used always wanted MORE pressure than similar bias tires from the same manufacturer

Maybe if you specified the exact identification #'s of those tires that would help. Or do a Google search for info on those. You might be surprised what you find. Or contact Avon to see if they could help.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Liked: 319

Default Also helpful:

What are you running them on?
    Lola: When four springs just aren't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    I don't know about Avons, but other radials I have used always wanted MORE pressure than similar bias tires from the same manufacturer

Maybe if you specified the exact identification #'s of those tires that would help. Or do a Google search for info on those. You might be surprised what you find. Or contact Avon to see if they could help.
    well... first of all i don't know why i typed avons.... they are hoosiers 43539 and 43546 7's and 9's for an FC car .

Default Setup sheet for these tires

From Road Atlanta 2020 for my Citation 95SFZ F2000 (FC). The tire pressures shown for setup are also the hot pressures I was aiming for at the track.

Below:
    Last edited by DaveW; 05.17.21 at 1:54 PM.
    Dave Weitzenhof

6. The following 2 users liked this post:

delete
    Dave Weitzenhof

From Road Atlanta 2020 for my Citation 95SFZ F2000 (FC). The tire pressures shown for setup are also the hot pressures I was aiming for at the track.

Below:
    so you started at 16/17 give or take ?

Below:

thats exactly what i needed. thank you. did you like these tires relative to the bias ply ? are they particularly hard or soft ? they were closeouts and bruce can't find any data on them. i loved the radials on the big cars. thats why i figured to take a chance w/ these.

thanks again

thats exactly what i needed. thank you. did you like these tires relative to the bias ply ? are they particularly hard or soft ? they were closeouts and bruce can't find any data on them. i loved the radials on the big cars. thats why i figured to take a chance w/ these.

thanks again
    The tires with those numbers from 2020 that you got were 35B compound - medium soft. I have never run Hoosier bias tires, so I can't give you any comparisons there. Good luck.
    Dave Weitzenhof

The tires with those numbers from 2020 that you got were 35B compound - medium soft. I have never run Hoosier bias tires, so I can't give you any comparisons there. Good luck.
    understood and thx.

so you started at 16/17 give or take ?
    I usually got 3-4 psi increase from cold to hot. So 18-19 front and 19-20 rear cold. Depending on how your car heats tires, YMMV.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Thread Information