Liked: 27

Default Which Motec Download From Motec Website?

Anyone know which download to use? When I power up the car, the dash says Motec ADL 3.2.

Liked: 530

just download MoTeC i2 Pro. your logger may or may not be pro enabled, but you can still use the software to analyze your data. If it doesn't work for some reason, download i2 Standard.
    to manage the dash, get ADL3 EDL3 Dash Manager. Just go to the software section of their website, it's kind of self-evident what to download.

Thanks Mikey, okay I have both of those downloaded onto my laptop. What’s the next step? Sorry for the dumb question, but I just bought the car and haven’t dealt with anything like this before.

Liked: 530

Do you have the CAN to USB adapter to download data from the car?
    connect that and pull data files out of both the ECU and dash. Caution, if it asks do you want to update ECU software or firmware select NO.

also lookup Maris Kazia (Kazis31) on here. He used to own a PFM and you're practically neighbors.

Yes Mikey I have the CAN adapter and cable. Do I click on each shortcut when the CAN is attached to the car? I’m assuming the car has to be powered on?

Maris and I are friends, but he can’t remember. He’s the one that got me into this mess lol.

Liked: 285

Your dash will use the MoTeC Dash Manager to communicate with your original MoTeC ADL dash (3.2u is the firmware version).

You will connect your UTC to the car and laptop, then turn the car on. Use the MoTeC Dash Manager -> Online -> Get Configuration to read the existing dash configuration. To download logged data, you will use Online -> Get Logged Data. You will probably need to set up vehicle and event details prior to doing this.

I suggest you contact a MoTeC dealer (like me) who can either work with you remotely, or meet you at the track to work with you on using the MoTeC system.

MoTeC has a webinar are two (the CDL3 is similar to your dash, but communicates via ethernet rather than USB/UTC) that might be helpful as well:

https://www.motec.com.au/webinars-vi...ataAcquisition

Give me a call if I can help.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

That’s great, thanks so much Dave. I’ll try to figure out what I can, then call you.

Dave, after going to Get Configuration, it says “No connection type has been specified.”

Any ideas? I’m assuming I need to Set Up Vehicle and Event Details.

Thread Information