Liked: 5

Default Looking for history on this Chevron B63

Hi Folks,
    Finally got the original logbook for this car that has been in Canada since the mid '90's. The body has been modified to look like a B21, original photos shown with yellow stripe. Logbook first issued to W.J. Kasmer in '87, then Gerald Cody in '90, then Doug Mildon in '92. The car was damaged at the Buckeye Sprints 28 July '90, Raced again at August regional 11 Aug '90. Maybe body mods were done then. Any info would be appreciated. I've entered the car for the VARAC event at Mosport in June (if it happens).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B63a.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	97724   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B63b.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	97725   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5160.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	184.0 KB 
ID:	97726  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5154.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	97727   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5155.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	97728   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5151.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	97729  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5157.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	145.3 KB 
ID:	97730  

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

There's a CHEVRON RACING CARS page on FB. Lot's of former factory guys, perhaps even someone who knows your car specifically.

On https://www.oldracingcars.com/chevron/ they show:
    Chevron B63 1985 5 S2000. Sports 2000. Race-cars.com reports that 5 or 6 were built; the Chevron Heritage site says 5.
    Your car would have been build when Roger Andreason owned the company.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post
    There's a CHEVRON RACING CARS page on FB. Lot's of former factory guys, perhaps even someone who knows your car specifically.

On https://www.oldracingcars.com/chevron/ they show:
    Chevron B63 1985 5 S2000. Sports 2000. Race-cars.com reports that 5 or 6 were built; the Chevron Heritage site says 5.
    Your car would have been build when Roger Andreason owned the company.
    Thanks, I've been in touch with them...I'm reaching out in the U.S. because that's where it was run. Hoping someone knows the car...

Liked: 1108

I suggest trying to find Vicki O’Connor, if you haven’t already.

She administrated both the Pro S2000 series, and pro Formula Atlantic, from the Chicago area all through the ‘80s. If Carl Haas Auto still exists as I think it does, that may be a start to finding Vicki or at least expanding your search.

At one point later on it was called the Oldsmobile Pro Series, or similar, and there was a west coast equivalent possibly called the American Cities Racing League (?).

With the lack of much Chevron involvement in S2000, it seems to me this may have originated as a Pro car — often the case with a marque trying to, Ahem, make its mark towards Club racing sales success.

Best of Luck! Many or most do not trace their car’s lineage, and that’s why history eventually disappears in the wind.

Edit: Perhaps you’ve seen, but some good history here:
    https://forums.autosport.com/topic/8...-a-b52-or-b54/
    Last edited by E1pix; 04.21.21 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by E1pix View Post
    I suggest trying to find Vicki O’Connor, if you haven’t already.

She administrated both the Pro S2000 series, and pro Formula Atlantic, from the Chicago area all through the ‘80s. If Carl Haas Auto still exists as I think it does, that may be a start to finding Vicki or at least expanding your search.

At one point later on it was called the Oldsmobile Pro Series, or similar, and there was a west coast equivalent possibly called the American Cities Racing League (?).

With the lack of much Chevron involvement in S2000, it seems to me this may have originated as a Pro car — often the case with a marque trying to, Ahem, make its mark towards Club racing sales success.

Best of Luck! Many or most do not trace their car’s lineage, and that’s why history eventually disappears in the wind.

Edit: Perhaps you’ve seen, but some good history here:
    https://forums.autosport.com/topic/8...-a-b52-or-b54/
    All good stuff, thanks...speaking with the Heritage, it seems the other 4 cars (of 5) all were upgraded, maybe this is the only one that was never "hopped up" (excluding body mods, that I personally think are an improvement even at the sacrifice of top speed). Still SOHC 2000/skinny tires. Only old cars get traced, especially when there aren't many of them. I just spent a year on this one, it's a very good example, very little race history for a 21 year old car.

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 0

Default Have info on this car

Quote Originally Posted by seann View Post
    Hi Folks,
    Finally got the original logbook for this car that has been in Canada since the mid '90's. The body has been modified to look like a B21, original photos shown with yellow stripe. Logbook first issued to W.J. Kasmer in '87, then Gerald Cody in '90, then Doug Mildon in '92. The car was damaged at the Buckeye Sprints 28 July '90, Raced again at August regional 11 Aug '90. Maybe body mods were done then. Any info would be appreciated. I've entered the car for the VARAC event at Mosport in June (if it happens).
    I can help you some with this. I have a few photos of what it looked like when we got it from Gerry Cody and what it looked like when Doug Mildon raced it.

Liked: 18

Hey Seann, I know Bill Kasmer, I bet it's the same W.J.Kasmer who was the original owner. I just got his Swift DB2 from him, number 8 also. PM me if interested and I will give you his contact info. I also have a B52 in my shop that I'm restoring right now so if I could get any photos of your car with out the bodywork on it that would be great. Thanks.

Best Regards, Randy

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 270

Default Chevron

Randy
    I was the original importer for the Robin Smith era of Chevron 81-83 for B52 - B63 as Transatlantic Racing and merged with essex racing. The deal fell apart shortly thereafter due to supply issues and we switched to Tiga in addition to Van Diemen.
    I may have some old records and pics if you want to message me. I also know where one of our original cars is sitting in a basement un-run since 84. We sold about 5 or 6 cars with at least one was a CSR Cosworth spec.for Fred Knoll. Some were also rebodied to the B63 as the chassis were all the same basically underneath like the Tigas of the era - minor mods.
    Phil

11. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Creighton View Post
    Randy
    I was the original importer for the Robin Smith era of Chevron 81-83 for B52 - B63 as Transatlantic Racing and merged with essex racing. The deal fell apart shortly thereafter due to supply issues and we switched to Tiga in addition to Van Diemen.
    I may have some old records and pics if you want to message me. I also know where one of our original cars is sitting in a basement un-run since 84. We sold about 5 or 6 cars with at least one was a CSR Cosworth spec.for Fred Knoll. Some were also rebodied to the B63 as the chassis were all the same basically underneath like the Tigas of the era - minor mods.
    Phil
    Phil, PM sent.

Liked: 108

Default Chevron

Looks like this car is for sale on race-cars . Com

Thread Information