Thread: Grumpys Place?

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1488

Default Grumpys Place?

Saw this the other day. Can't believe it's Glidden's, but I suppose he could have made that much money.

https://www.carproperty.com/11-000-s...ad86133794.htm

Liked: 310

Bob Glidden died three years ago in his home town of Whiteland, Indiana. I seriously doubt this his house.

BTW, Grumpy was Glidden's main Chevy rival Bill Jenkins.

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1417

That's a serious collector—drag racers are poor.

I see a Sox & Martin Dodge, a TV Tommy Ivo 4-engine dragster, a Bob Glidden Pro Stock, Bob Riggle's Hemi Under Glass, a Bill Jenkins Pro Stock and the Li'l Red Wagon wheelstander among other things. Pretty ridiculous house and car collection. The airplane in the rafters is a nice touch, too.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 98

It was great to see they Bob Glidden and Grumpy Jenkins cars in the same collection not to mention the black Mopar ProStock (driver's name no longer in my memory). The highlight of the collection is the Ivo Showboat--four engines, four wheel drive!! If you like checking plugs and adjusting valves, this is the car for you. I once tried to build the 1/25 model of the car but got tired of gluing 32 little tiny exhaust pipes to the four engines; not to mention drilling the ends of all pipes for the simulated "this is really a hollow tube" look.
    M

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 310

There are two of Bill Jenkins' cars, a Vega and a Camaro.

I think the black MOPAR was Darrell Alderman, well known cocaine distributor, or his teammate Scott Geoffrion. The cars were owned an built by Wayne County Speed Shop which were well known cheaters using NOS in the cars. The 440 based engines were 75 hp down on the BBC engines due to the exhaust port design. Also, Glidden's son admitted to cheating with an undetectable NOS system in his Probe.
    Last edited by Lynn; 04.18.21 at 10:15 PM.

Looks like there is a late 80s Earnhart #3 Goodwrench Lumina in there, too.

Who is this guy?

A little digging found it...

Don Wallace, who came to be known as the RV King, founder and former CEO of Lazydays, the biggest RV dealership in the world.

See: Don Wallace Automotive Collection.

Liked: 1115

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1488

I've been looking to move for a couple of years now, and a while back, before prices there got totally stupid, I was looking a places in the Santa Clara River Canyon area - that's east of Ventura, a mix of big estates, old farms and encroaching suburbs.

Found a house there that was outside my budget but had a nice garage and shop and while I was going through the pictures found a den/office with all kinds of cool old Indy pics on the wall.

It was Vince Granitelli's place....

Thread Information