Liked: 268

Default Remote starter switch for changing gears

For any of you who have struggled from time to time installing the back half of the gearbox to the main case when changing gears this little item makes life a lot easier. It's a remote starter switch that you can use with your knee to bump the motor over to match the splines to make it a lot quicker and easier to secure that last bit when inserting the gear pack. This way you have both hands and you don't need to con your wife to hit the starter button to bump the motor over. Takes only a few minutes to create! Pretty self explanatory.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Brilliant
    Last edited by Rick Iverson; 03.20.21 at 2:59 PM.
    V/r

Iverson

Liked: 108

Default Starter

My FSV has a remote starter in the engine bay. Also brilliant .
    both seems like one of those lightbulb moments!

Liked: 3279

Must be easier on a Staffs box. I get the gear section in to the point where the splines would begin to engage and then with the bottom nut on (which it is before I install the gear section), I just turn the nut until the splines line up.
    Dave Weitzenhof

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 470

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Must be easier on a Staffs box. I get the gear section in to the point where the splines would begin to engage and then with the bottom nut on (which it is before I install the gear section), I just turn the nut until the splines line up.
    I was going to say just the same thing about an LD200.

Liked: 96

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker View Post
    I was going to say just the same thing about an LD200.
    I just spin the rear wheels.

john f

9. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 1112

I like to have the car on the ground, so I can spin the wheels with just a little push back and forth while holding forward pressure.

I just finished the easiest change I've ever done, and want to thank whoever it was on ApexSpeed that suggested a piece of string to keep first gear from falling off its hub while I'm jiggling things onto the pinion shaft. But I don't recall who it was...

Edit: I guess that's just a trick for the LD200. I don't think it would keep the reverse gear in a MK box from falling out of its fork over and over again...
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 8

Default starter assist gear change

I place a bungee strap across the rear case then hit the starter button. The bungee pulls the case forward every time with no hands. EVT
    Fast Eddie

12. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thread Information