Liked: 9

Default PFM Maintenance stand

What kind of stand do you guys use for the PFM's, where does it rest on the stand and how do you hoist it up?

Ps: started it up for the first time since purchase, pretty exciting
    https://youtu.be/zG0erkRlg-Q

Liked: 530

Congrats on first startup!

stands come in various heights. Up to you what you need to do. And you can lift up multiple ways depending on how resourceful, ingenious or equipped you are. Lift by overhead hoist from the roll hoop or use combinations of floor jacks and wood in steps.

mktechnologies.com for lifts and stands.

Liked: 803

When buying or making low stands, make sure they are short enough to get them under the car when it’s up on the quick jacks ;-)
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Liked: 232

At least in my budget - for "low stands" - a single 4x4 cedar fence post cut down to 2x 30" wide makes for a sturdy base at almost no cost at all. I pretty much just use these when I leave the car overnight outside and want to take the wheels off and put the cover on it.

-Mark
    Mark Uhlmann
    Vancouver, Canada
    '12 Stohr WF1

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
    At least in my budget - for "low stands" - a single 4x4 cedar fence post cut down to 2x 30" wide makes for a sturdy base at almost no cost at all. I pretty much just use these when I leave the car overnight outside and want to take the wheels off and put the cover on it.

-Mark
    that's a great idea, where do you but them under the car? are the places to avoid putting them under?

Liked: 232

I have a sports racer but the concept is the same - I basically am comfortable putting them anywhere where the floor has a bolt to the frame as I know that spot has strong core material there rather than honeycomb in other places.

You'd need to determine on your car where those spots are but anywhere that your floor is attached to the frame above is likely a safe place to rest the car's weight - especially when distributed across a larger area.

-Mark
    Mark Uhlmann
    Vancouver, Canada
    '12 Stohr WF1

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

-Mark
    I use uncut 4x6 (x about 24) s at the track on my FC. Using 6" height allows putting on the pit wheels.

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

Quote Originally Posted by FastFrog View Post
    that's a great idea, where do you but them under the car? are the places to avoid putting them under?
    Anywhere you'd put normal stands. Usually 1 under the front hoop and another mid-engine - in front of the diffuser.

Liked: 281

In the front put the stand just behind the splitter under the tub.
    In the rear put the stand under the bellhousing just aft of the engine

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Michael View Post
    In the front put the stand just behind the splitter under the tub.
    In the rear put the stand under the bellhousing just aft of the engine
    excellent thank you

Liked: 803

-Mark
    agreed, in other posts I’ve recommended the same thing; never have to worry about leaving them behind, and the wood will never damage the underside of the car; the only time a 4x4 has failed me was with a vintage FFord where the rear wheel droop was so great the 4x4 didn’t keep the tire off the ground.
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Thread Information