Contributing Member
    Liked: 470

Default Who has the smallest battery?

I'm just curious at the moment. My RF98 has an Odyssey battery and it's working fine, but if you wanted to switch...

...how small a lithium battery could you get away with?

Obviously, with an alternator charging the battery when the car is running, you don't need much in the way of Amp-hours, but how low could you go with cranking power?

What's the smallest battery anyone here has used—successfully, mind!—for a Honda-powered Formula F.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 58

Default battery

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker View Post
    I'm just curious at the moment. My RF98 has an Odyssey battery and it's working fine, but if you wanted to switch...

...how small a lithium battery could you get away with?

Obviously, with an alternator charging the battery when the car is running, you don't need much in the way of Amp-hours, but how low could you go with cranking power?

What's the smallest battery anyone here has used—successfully, mind!—for a Honda-powered Formula F.
    I have used the Briella B106 in my WEST DSR- SWIFT DB1 (Honda) MYGALE FB and P2 Summit racing $149.00

Contributing Member
    Liked: 470

Quote Originally Posted by david oleary View Post
    I have used the Braille [at least, I think you meant "Braille"] B106 in my WEST DSR- SWIFT DB1 (Honda) MYGALE FB and P2 Summit racing $149.00
    Nice. Ever had any problem with cranking power?

And does anyone know how to relate Pulse Cranking Amps (PCA) and Cold Cranking Amps (CCA)?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 101

I have an AntiGravity ATX 20 https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...-oem/atx20-rs/ in a Porsche race car. Less than 4 lbs, 680 cranking amps, and 6.89 x 3.4 x 5.12 . You could probably get away with a ATX12 that is 3 lbs and a little smaller.

Liked: 64

I second the lithium antigravity ATX20 or similar. i am on my third one, but only because i’m on my third car. it’s one of the first mods I plan for, because I weigh over 200#. Approximately 4 lbs, completely compatible in a total loss system. I never use a jumper, can run 2-3 sessions without charging. excellent cranking power. in a total loss system you have to opt for the largest lithium battery to get enough amp hours (lithium amp hours are a different measure than lead acid amp hours, you can google it). on a honda with an alternator you can most likely get by with an even smaller antigravity battery 2.5-3lbs. have been nothing but pleased with their batteries.
    Derek Ketchie
    SEDiv SCCA
    #15 Van Diemen RF 99 FC

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 58

I never had any issues with the Brialla B106 all specs are on line
    I think the Pulse Amp are 550 and CCA is 225.
    I install them when I built the cars and never replaced them for 4-5
    seasons

Liked: 41

Quote Originally Posted by david oleary View Post
    I never had any issues with the Brialla B106
    If this is the case, you could shave 3 more pounds with the ML9C. Bit more expensive, of course.
    https://braillebattery.com/collectio...roducts/ml9c-1

Thread Information