Thread: Fanatec setups

Liked: 200

Default Fanatec setups

Hey guys,

Looking for some opinions on some Sim hardware. I would like to start upgrading, probably a piece at a time for now. For the pedals, I'm pretty set on the CSL Elite LC pedals.

What I'm not sure on is the wheel. I don't have the cash to go to a direct drive setup, but after that there is either the CSL Elite or the Club Sport. And after the base, what wheel do you throw on to it? There are so many different options and add-ons, it's hard to figure out what the most logical package is.
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

Liked: 231

In terms of lap times - skipping the CSL Elite pedals and going straight to the Heuskinveld Sprints is probably the best money spent to achieve peak braking performance in the game which will unlock a lot of lap time.

I went G25 --> CSL Elite LC --> Heuskinveld Sprints and have no motivation to go further, but consider each of those steps to be meaningful upgrades and the Sprints are a lot of performance and adjustability for the money.

On the wheel front, I went G25 --> Clubsport V2.5 + Formula Rim. This is a really nice upgrade and improved the realism a lot, but the lap times only a little - nothing like the brakes. I don't at all regret the money spent, but if I could only do one or the other, it'd be pedals over wheel 10/10 days.

-Mark
    Mark Uhlmann
    Vancouver, Canada
    '12 Stohr WF1

Liked: 200

Quote Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
    In terms of lap times - skipping the CSL Elite pedals and going straight to the Heuskinveld Sprints is probably the best money spent to achieve peak braking performance in the game which will unlock a lot of lap time.

I went G25 --> CSL Elite LC --> Heuskinveld Sprints and have no motivation to go further, but consider each of those steps to be meaningful upgrades and the Sprints are a lot of performance and adjustability for the money.

On the wheel front, I went G25 --> Clubsport V2.5 + Formula Rim. This is a really nice upgrade and improved the realism a lot, but the lap times only a little - nothing like the brakes. I don't at all regret the money spent, but if I could only do one or the other, it'd be pedals over wheel 10/10 days.

-Mark
    I'd love to do the sprints...but $1200 vs $350 for the CSLs is a deal breaker immediately
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 231

Quote Originally Posted by AVR_Shane View Post
    I'd love to do the sprints...but $1200 vs $350 for the CSLs is a deal breaker immediately
    Forget Sim 1.... order from Axon. They are $950CDN and go on sale, in fact might be still now. I got a much better price on Black Friday.

https://axondriversolutions.com/shop...pedals-sprint/

The wheel base and rim is a lot of your budget, I think the important takeaway is spending your money on pedals is a better return on going faster, spending your money on wheel is a better return on it feeling more real.

-Mark
    Mark Uhlmann
    Vancouver, Canada
    '12 Stohr WF1

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 73

Jim VanBlandel from the Chicago region that is hosting the current rFactor2 league I am running is the man to talk to.
    Send me PM and I will forward you his email.

AS

Quote Originally Posted by AVR_Shane View Post
    Hey guys,

Looking for some opinions on some Sim hardware. I would like to start upgrading, probably a piece at a time for now. For the pedals, I'm pretty set on the CSL Elite LC pedals.

What I'm not sure on is the wheel. I don't have the cash to go to a direct drive setup, but after that there is either the CSL Elite or the Club Sport. And after the base, what wheel do you throw on to it? There are so many different options and add-ons, it's hard to figure out what the most logical package is.

Liked: 9

Pedals: I am very happy with CS v3 pedals, you will need the brake performance kit but not so much the damper.
    Wheel base: I have run both CSW 2.5 and DD1 and although the DD1 is better I went back t the CSW 2.5 due to weight concerns (I run in a motion rig)

Thread Information