Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 413

Default Transportation Dilemma

I may need to transport a rolling formula car from north of the border to south of the border (Toronto to Memphis). Obviously, with the Covid border-crossing restrictions in place, this will be difficult. I am under the impression that commercial shipments are still allowed.

Does anyone have any suggestions or creative ideas. I can get the car to the Canadian side at Niagara if I have to, but I'm hoping there is a commercial shipper that can handle this transport door-to-door.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Liked: 18

Default CA to US Shipping...

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warner View Post
    I am under the impression that commercial shipments are still allowed.
    I'm hoping there is a commercial shipper that can handle this transport door-to-door.
    Charles,

With the latest (Feb 25) Canada Boarder Service Agency COVID-19 requirements, a commercial shiper would be your best bet. That is, non-commercial boarder crossing are going to be VERY difficult.

Given the home office proximity to the CA boarder, I would reach out to Reliable Carriers - https://reliablecarriers.com/.

I wish I could help, but my Canada Board Service Agency paperwork is still in process. That is, it will be a while before I can commercially cross into CA.

Take care,
    Chris Pruett
    Owner/Operator
    895 Transit LLC

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 158

Charles,

I have successfully used BAT Motorsports to transport a slider FF from Wisconsin to Florida. I know they cross the border into Canada and on occasion they go to Alaska to pick-up cars. Here is there email address: batmotorsports@gmail.com

Cheers, Joe

Thanks, Chris. Please keep me posted on your paperwork progress.

Quote Originally Posted by 895 Transit View Post
    Charles,

With the latest (Feb 25) Canada Boarder Service Agency COVID-19 requirements, a commercial shiper would be your best bet. That is, non-commercial boarder crossing are going to be VERY difficult.

Given the home office proximity to the CA boarder, I would reach out to Reliable Carriers - https://reliablecarriers.com/.

I wish I could help, but my Canada Board Service Agency paperwork is still in process. That is, it will be a while before I can commercially cross into CA.

Take care,
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

Liked: 77

Thanks, Chris. Please keep me posted on your paperwork progress.
    Hercules Forwarding: 708-237-0800 Ask for Mike Pigott.

Thanks
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

Liked: 36

I used Aetna Forwarding (https://www.aetnaforwarding.com/) a couple months to bring a car from Toronto to TN. Not the cheapest option but they were pretty good to work with and are fully setup for border crossing despite covid.
    Van Diemen RF78 #258

Liked: 160

https://www.tfxinternational.com/

I have not actually made the arrangements with these people, but they have picked up from our shop a few times, drivers are always friendly and conscientious from my interaction.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. Unfortunately, about $2300 plus brokerage fees and duties is the best I've come up with from Canadian companies. That's door to door from Oshawa, Ontario, to Memphis, TN.

If I can find someone in Canada with the ability to cross border and recross I could arrange for the car to be stored in the Detroit area until I could collect it.

Or, does anyone have a contact with a Canadian freight forwarder/carrier that could ship the car (disassembled) strapped on a pallet with suspension in boxes and wheels on a separate pallet. That way it goes as spare parts and EPA BS is avoided.

Thanks,
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

Thread Information