Contributing Member
    Liked: 39

Default An FX Thread?????

Maybe there should be......

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 896

A great idea. I think things may happen. How about FX1, FX2 Hopefully FX will grow
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 553

I keep having the following thoughts, which seems to make the success of this "umbrella" class unsuccessful.

There are various kinds of cars that can be used, and (I assume) they must meet their own class' rules. For instance, a Formula Supervee must meet all the rules of their class. Same for others. That means it will likely be one kind of car that is the fastest, and the others will be unlikely to win the Runoffs. And, since that one kind of the car didn't have enough car counts to make up its own class, there may be 1 or 2 cars battling for a win. If that's true, has the FX class accomplished its goal?

I forget - Will they be making competition adjustments to try and make the different "sub-classes" equal?
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Contributing Member
    Liked: 39

Default I agree, furthermore....

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    I keep having the following thoughts, which seems to make the success of this "umbrella" class unsuccessful.

There are various kinds of cars that can be used, and (I assume) they must meet their own class' rules. For instance, a Formula Supervee must meet all the rules of their class. Same for others. That means it will likely be one kind of car that is the fastest, and the others will be unlikely to win the Runoffs. And, since that one kind of the car didn't have enough car counts to make up its own class, there may be 1 or 2 cars battling for a win. If that's true, has the FX class accomplished its goal?

I forget - Will they be making competition adjustments to try and make the different "sub-classes" equal?

All of the cars listed as eligible have SOME history at most every track in the country, therefore there are track records. Why not restrict the cars that are "historically" faster than others? This would bring everyone to a more level playing field, thus not making some cars obsolete.

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Quote Originally Posted by sheltonracing View Post
    This would bring everyone to a more level playing field, thus not making some cars obsolete.
    The class is by definition, a tool to allow obsolete cars to race at Majors races. It is an "archives section" for cars no longer relevant, but not ready to park ...... clearly SCCA's attempt to delay these cars from going to vintage racing (where there will not be parity adjustments). I'm not taking a shot at anybody or any class, but stating the obvious. Once your class gets moved to FX, I believe you are better off putting your energy into getting out cars and having your own little private race series (within FX) than lobbying SCCA to make parity adjustments.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

7. The following 6 users liked this post:

Liked: 101

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
    The class is by definition, a tool to allow obsolete cars to race at Majors races. It is an "archives section" for cars no longer relevant, but not ready to park ...... clearly SCCA's attempt to delay these cars from going to vintage racing (where there will not be parity adjustments). I'm not taking a shot at anybody or any class, but stating the obvious. Once your class gets moved to FX, I believe you are better off putting your energy into getting out cars and having your own little private race series (within FX) than lobbying SCCA to make parity adjustments.
    Greg,
    I believe FRP has taken the same path as you suggest , in regards to their FA class.. essentially an FA1 and FA2.
    The club did that with P1/ P2 and might help the current disparities of cars being dumped into FA, and some current cars being rediculously restricted...IMO...

Cheers,
    Bill

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 862

If you want to win FX, get a Renault 2.0. It was just allowed in the class- 1116 lbs, 210hp, Taatus CF tub. Oh boy. There’s one here at COTA- 10 mph faster down the back straight than the MZRs.

it’s a catch all class as Greg said. I don’t think there’s any intent to equalize anything.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 323

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wright View Post
    Renault 2.0. There’s one here at COTA- 10 mph faster down the back straight than the MZRs.
    I talked with the crew chief of this car when I was at COTA last Nov. He told me this model car was capable of 2:05 at COTA.

Thread Information