Thread: 1996 Ralt RT41

Liked: 10

Default 1996 Ralt RT41

Chassis #RT4126
    - Loyning's injected 1600cc Toyota - installed last July and ran once in August (225 miles - test day and triple regional at Portland International Raceway)
    - AIM Evo 5 and Formula Steering Wheel 3 with GPS08 receiver, oil pressure, oil temperature, water pressure, water temperature, steering position, separate front/rear brake pressure, 4 x shock position (magnetic), air speed (Pitot tube), separate single axis gyro (yaw) sensor, and 4 x pushrod strain gauge sensors.
    - 3 Logbooks - traces the history from the Pro series starting in 1996, through the SVRA years, and back to SCCA.
    - Extensive clear vinyl paint protection - I've still managed to collect a fair number of rock chips but vinyl has kept the paint in really good condition.
    - Rear shocks were purchased new in 2018, and front shocks rebuilt last year
    - Belts good through 2025

Spares
    - Rebuildable spare engine. Was pulled with 1076 miles on it (just short of the 1200mi interval Arnie Loyning has me on). It puts out 3hp more than the motor currently in the car
    - Complete extra suspension set (all twelve pieces)
    - Two extra sets of wheels (one set aluminum, the other set is magnesium and has mounted rains).
    - 17 extra gears (for a total of 22 with five in the gearbox)
    - Spare ECU
    - Painted nose

A high-resolution photo album can be found here: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0hGI9HKKGRgSET

Car alone, $37,500, car plus spares, $46,500. Will only sell (or piece out) spares after car has sold.

History:
    Originally raced by Joe Esposito in the Pro series in 1996-98, the car was then sold to Wade Carter, a fellow racer from the Pacific Northwest, who ran it with SCCA until the summer of 2004. The car was then sold to Eddie Wachs who put one of his Pro Atlantic drivers, a young man by the name of J.R. Hildebrand, into the cockpit in 2005-06 running a number of SVRA events. During this era, it was maintained to the highest standards under the watchful eye of the great Ove Olsson alongside the Newman-Wachs Pro Atlantic cars. Speaking of Eddie and Paul's relationship, my wife cherishes the decal on the nose of the car in Paul's memory.

My favorite story is from July 2006 where J.R. ran in the 2:01's at Road America in the famous Brian Redman SVRA event, beating many higher horsepower cars. In an attempt to verify this tale, I registered the transponder with the speedhive.com website and could "see" all the outings of the car during this era. Lo and behold, a 2:01.784 lap was recorded at RA! Now J.R. is a pro-level driver and the car possibly had an 1800cc Toyota in it at the time, but still - this is pedaling pretty quickly by any measure! Another fond memory of Ove's is about being on the front row at Mid-Ohio ahead of Indycars but that is a story for another day!

From there, Eddie drove the car himself in 2007-08 with the SVRA. The car then sat until 2013 when Brian Pickering purchased the car and campaigned it with SVRA until the end of 2014 when he sold the car to Ray Genick. Ray never drove the car on track and sold it to me in the fall of 2016. Since then I have been racing it on the West Coast with SCCA culminating in a 2nd place podium at the 2018 SCCA Runoffs at Sonoma Raceway behind Mirl Swan.

It was at the Runoffs that I had the opportunity to show off the car to Stan Clayton. I could not have been more honored when he described the car on ApexSpeed as a "stunning example of the marque."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tony Opheim; 04.21.21 at 12:20 PM.
    Tony Opheim
    '02 Swift 014.a (1600cc Toyota, 1732cc Toyota, and 2.0L MZR Mazda )

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 101

Default rt 41 for sale

As a former RT 41 owner (8+ yrs) I can say this is the best the market has seen in a long time it won't last long !
    Dee
    Penske rt5
    Swift 016

Price of car dropped by $2495, and price of car+spares package by $3495.
    Tony Opheim

Default Sold

The car and spares are sold. Thanks, ApexSpeed!
    Tony Opheim

Thread Information