Liked: 39

For Sale 1982 Ralt RT4 Formula Atlantic

Chassis Number RT4-356

Log books from 1985- Steve Overton, 1989- Jim Wright, 1996-Gregg Matocha, 2012-James Smith. Then sold to Dan Helman. The car has not been raced since 1994.

The restoration was just completed by a championship winning race car engineer.

Fresh, dyno-time-only, Ivey 1600 BDA. Fresh FT200 by John Anderson racing (New forks, new bearing carrier, new dog rings, all new bearings, new Hewland chicklet style differential, new chromate, etc.)

New wheel bearings
    Rebuilt Calipers
    New/rebuilt master cylinders
    New CV boots
    Rebuilt Rack
    90% new plumbing
    Rebuilt Radiator
    All body stripped and redone in red
    Fresh fuel cell
    All suspension new polished nickel
    New front discs
    New Avons on Momo Wheels
    And more…..

Corner weighted, and aligned.

Spares include about 20 gearsets, front wings, brake pads, set of Ronal wheels and misc other items.

This is a really nice car. It is also a great entry, and likely outright winner, for the new Masters Formula Atlantic Plus series. It is also accepted with SVRA, CSRG, HMSA, VARA, and other racing organizations across the U.S. and beyond.

The Ralt is offered at $68,000. We just sold another nice RT4 for basically the same money, give or take some spares, but it did not have the fresh restoration.

I am having problems uploading photos of the car. No matter how small I seem to make them, they are too large to upload here. If you would like to photos, please go to:

https://motorsportsmarket.com/racecars/1982-ralt-rt4-formula-atlantic/

Thank you!

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 1108

Stunning car, Art.

Your link didn’t work for me, but this does:
    https://motorsportsmarket.com/raceca...mula-atlantic/

Best with the sale.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 413

Absolutely beautiful car. I can vouch for John Anderson's work.

I will go out on a limb and opine that this is actually Jim Wright's 1983 car against whom I raced for years (Steve Overton as well). There are certain details that were not "normally" available on the later 1982 cars. This would not be a detriment, as the 1983, with the original 1980 - 1982 flat sidepods (this car has the later 1986 "coke bottle" pods), was the fastest RT4 configuration, especially in Jim's hands. I also seem to remember selling Dan some 1983 parts many moons ago. IMO, the 1983 car is more desirable than the 1982.

I don't see the AM number on the front bulkhead where it should be. It might be hidden by the front sway bar as Arch Motors never really worried about precise locations. Do you have the AM number available?

Of course, I could be mistaken about the vintage as there were many issues that transcended models when changing from one year to another.

Again, a beautiful car.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by E1pix View Post
    Stunning car, Art.

Your link didn’t work for me, but this does:
    https://motorsportsmarket.com/raceca...mula-atlantic/

Best with the sale.
    Thanks for the help with the link! The original link still works for me, plus your link works as well. So, hopefully, we now have things double-covered. Thanks again!

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warner View Post
    Absolutely beautiful car. I can vouch for John Anderson's work.

I will go out on a limb and opine that this is actually Jim Wright's 1983 car against whom I raced for years (Steve Overton as well). There are certain details that were not "normally" available on the later 1982 cars. This would not be a detriment, as the 1983, with the original 1980 - 1982 flat sidepods (this car has the later 1986 "coke bottle" pods), was the fastest RT4 configuration, especially in Jim's hands. I also seem to remember selling Dan some 1983 parts many moons ago. IMO, the 1983 car is more desirable than the 1982.

I don't see the AM number on the front bulkhead where it should be. It might be hidden by the front sway bar as Arch Motors never really worried about precise locations. Do you have the AM number available?

Of course, I could be mistaken about the vintage as there were many issues that transcended models when changing from one year to another.

Again, a beautiful car.
    Hi Charlie. Thanks for your insights and information. Much appreciated! Also I do have a photo of the AM number, but as mentioned, I am still struggling with getting the photos I have to the proper size to post them. I am happy to email a photo of the AM number to you, and photos of the car to anyone else who is interested. Just send me an email at: ahebert@motorsportSMarket.com. That's always the best way to reach me. Of course more photos can be seen at the MotorsportSMarket link mentioned in the first couple of posts above. Thanks again!
    Last edited by ahebert; 03.04.21 at 1:52 AM.

Thread Information