Liked: 6

Default Looking for 1962 Elva MkVI last seen in Atlanta in 1984

We're looking for this Elva MkVI last seen in Atlanta in 1984. At the time it was owned by Philip Christian, and might have been in Gordon McAfee's shop. It had a Ford 1300 cc engine then. Unclear if it had a body. They were starting restoration then. So presumably it was all disassembled. There is now a small possibility that Curtis Jackson purchased it. We don't think so. But it would be good to get in touch with him to prove it was a different MkVI.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jay Laifman; 01.21.21 at 8:39 PM.

Liked: 26

Are you sure that's an Elva MK. 6 ? If so it sure looks like it has had a number of modifications. Any other photos ?

Greg

Good eye! But, yes, I'm sure. Yes, it had a lot of mods. I've spoken with the owner who took those pictures and made those modifications. He fit a non-Elva body on it, and made those changes to hold that other body - and added the major roll cage. I also have some other closer pictures that show the Elva tubes. But those pictures are not helpful in finding it now.

I have also spoken to the next owner. He added the Ford engine and purchased a new Elva MkVI body. He then sold it to Phil Christian who was going to do the full restoration.

Thanks for the input.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 109

Default Elva Mk6

THATS MY DAD's ELVA MK6! (Art Jahn) I know the car. Dad owned it and drove it!

It is shown in our driveway at Lakeshore Drive in Oconomowoc, WI. The yellow car in the background is a FiberFab GT12 (which we called the AVENGER).

I grew up at that house and recognize the neighbors not to mention the GT40 replica (FiberFab)

Cj - Aka Corky Jahn
    920-904-6099
    ctjahn@courtneyjahn.com

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

Wow, yes, you absolutely identified it. I have spoken to your dad many times. He sold it to someone who sold it to Phil Christian. I'm trying to find it after Phil.

Liked: 4

Default Elva 6 / 7 , causey

The picture is definitely my Elva 6 in my drive way in Oconomowoc Wisconsin . To end misinformation , mystery , and
    supposition .... I owned two Causey sports racers , an Elva 6 and a Elva 7 all at the same time . Back in 1970 these
    were old decaying race cars . They had minimal value . Lots of parts were exchanged on one car and placed on another.
    Every one did it . It was so common cars were even cut in half and welded together , like a Lola and a Ocelot .
    The finished product of the last Lola/Ocelot became a Ocelola. The owner really called and entered his car as that marque .
    Any way , I did the same . To improve aero I put the Causey body on the Elvas . My Causeys were unsafe and disintegrating.
    A picture of my Causey /Elva 7 at a Blackhawk National in late 70s
    Also to end part of the mystery , I still have both Causeys 001 and 002
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 1111

Oconomowoc Class of 1978 here!!!

I lived in Heritage Heights from 1970 to 1980 at end of Lexington. I know your family name (for some reason connecting it to my friend Sheila Varma) but not sure we’ve met. My wife was the Enemy ;-) — Arrowhead — and born at Stocker Hospital (run by my best friend’s dad).

I recall the census number as 8,648, making the odds of “meeting” here at 1:38,000ish (just had to look).

Crazy that I know your Causey coming into 5 at Blackhawk — but never knew you guys were in town!

Small world, Love it.

I just got a new name in the chain. There is a small possibility that Mr. Christian sold it to a Curtis Jackson, also of Atlanta. Anyone know of Mr. Jackson?

Liked: 30

OHS Class of '79.
    Dated a girl who lived on Dorchester Drive and am a refugee from Town & Country Supermarkets.

My careening down memory lane has done nothing to help you find the Elva, but best of luck with the search!

If you come across some Caldwell D9 pieces along the way, I'd appreciate the tip,

Cheers!
    Andy

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1111

TOO MUCH!!!

We’re keeping this thread alive — but for all the wrong reasons!!! (LOL) Sorry, Jay!

Mr. 79, I PMed you.

As they say, there is no such thing as bad publicity! Have at it.

15. The following members LIKED this post:

And FWIW, I can add that I used to go to a YMCA camp in Hayward, and ski at Mt Wilson and Mt Majestic.

17. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information