Thread: RF-95 Pulleys

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Default RF-95 Pulleys

Gents;

I need a Poly-V crankshaft water pump pulley, new preferred. Any help?
    V/r

Iverson

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 225

Default Pulley

Hi Rick
    If it’s the pulley I think it is I don’t believe it is available. The pulley I’m talking about mounts in place of the stock pulley or the dry sump pulley and has the vees towards the nose. Looks sorta like a “t” in section and has the keyway milled into it.

I ended up taking an old stock pulley, getting rid of the pulley part, leaving just the boss. Pretty sure I had to make a relief cut to let the new pulley fit over the end. Drilled three holes for the drive pins (tension pins) and used the pulley shown below from Pegasus. I don’t recall if it needed shortening or a spacer to line up with the water pump.

Its on a spare engine so I can easily get a pic of the installed part and also pull it off for pics of the machining if you’d like.

John

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...asp?RecID=3801

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

John, I would most appreciate it. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by JHerscher View Post
    Hi Rick
    If it’s the pulley I think it is I don’t believe it is available. The pulley I’m talking about mounts in place of the stock pulley or the dry sump pulley and has the vees towards the nose. Looks sorta like a “t” in section and has the keyway milled into it.

I ended up taking an old stock pulley, getting rid of the pulley part, leaving just the boss. Pretty sure I had to make a relief cut to let the new pulley fit over the end. Drilled three holes for the drive pins (tension pins) and used the pulley shown below from Pegasus. I don’t recall if it needed shortening or a spacer to line up with the water pump.

Its on a spare engine so I can easily get a pic of the installed part and also pull it off for pics of the machining if you’d like.

John

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...asp?RecID=3801

V/r

Iverson

Liked: 225

Default pulleys

Hi Rick

These should show what's needed.

OEM pulley with the pulley part removed, leaving just the boss. Turned to a convenient diameter to fit the allocated space. There is a shoulder cut into the nose of the pulley boss to reduce the OD so if will fit the ID of the new pulley. The length of the reduced area is shown on the micrometer in the photos (pic #5).

I did not use any shims, but I do have the timing belt guard in place. I don't think the OEM pulley boss was shortened, but I wouldn't swear it.

Hope this is sufficient to explain what I did. PM me for any other questions
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

Don't know the specs of this one - it looks a little big and I think you need the other part too.
    https://www.burtonpower.com/pulley-p...-ft1053-2.html

I had the one like John shows. I think it's considered underdrive.

Thread Information