Thread: Motion lost

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 413

Default Motion lost

After about two weeks off, with machine in snooze mode, I tried three games: Rfactor2, Assetto Corsa, and IRacing. None work properly.

Rfactor2 has completely changed its look and functionality. I can get to the "in pits" view and shift into gear. Steering works. I can shift into gear but no throttle response and no motion.

Assetto Corsa will also take me to a pits view but when I try to shift into gear the engine stops.

IRacing (after updating for about 30 minutes) will not load a session.

Anyone else having these issues? Before the new year all worked perfectly. No new programs installed. Machine only used for racing.

Of course, Steam Support is worthless.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 41

I think it has to do with the loss of Adobe Flash Player. I Googled replacement for Flash re racing sims and got nothing.

Liked: 73

Default Motion Lost

Yes fFactor2 got brand new UI. Takes a bit to get used to, but saw no change in ability to connect to servers online and race.
    I have G29 wheel and pedals... did not have to re-calibrate.

Aaron

Liked: 447

If PC is sleeping, sim wheels can do weird things and not wake back up when the pc wakes back up. Reboot...
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warner View Post
    Assetto Corsa will also take me to a pits view but when I try to shift into gear the engine stops.
    This is somewhat normal behavior for Assetto Corsa. AC doesn't model engine stalls (the engine will (read: should) produce torque from 0 RPM) unless it's a fancy mod car like VRC's Formula Alpha 2023. Try just pressing on the gas pedal, or holding the clutch pedal to allow the engine to spin back up. Based on the issues you're having with rF2 that still might not work; try checking the connections and rebinding your throttle pedals in the settings of each game.

EDIT: Crap! I need to note the date of posts. Sorry for the necro...

Thread Information