Quote Originally Posted by preston27 View Post
    Please PM with any info thanks.
    Did you ever get an Anson?
    Mike McHugh
    (650)796-5132
    ansonracecars@sbcglobal.net

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 95

Hi Mike, I'm possibly in the market for one. From my research it seems you are the guy when comes to the Ansons. Do you have any leads on a car? Also do you know Terry Ives?

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1108

Hello:

A good friend has a SA4, but I don’t think he’d sell it...

Sorry to barge in, but Mike rarely checks in here so I’ll call him on your behalf.

Mike himself has a wonderful SA6 for sale. We considered buying it ourselves last winter, to team with our SA4 friend. Mike’s car comes with ownership of the Anson Car company itself; all jigs, parts, drawings — and everything he’s accumulated since buying the company in 1988 with the intent of building cars.

But then the Lockerbie air disaster killed the two Series protagonists for VW America, and thus also killed the entire pro Series — and his entire business plan.

Mike is a really fine guy — and if our situation had been different, I thought the purchase was an incredible value.

PM me if I can help, nothing in it for me beyond helping friends.

Good Luck. I think either Anson could be competitive in Formula X, if the Runoffs are your goal.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Liked: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Lastminuteracin View Post
    Hi Mike, I'm possibly in the market for one. From my research it seems you are the guy when comes to the Ansons. Do you have any leads on a car? Also do you know Terry Ives?
    I think Terry was from Sacramento area, and had an Anson SA-6, a go kart background…?
    I don’t remember if they ran the car much, had issues with oil leaks. I remember making some suggestions for
    a fix. The VW engines were simple, but when changes were made to it for racing, you had to know how to seal them.

I am in Reno/ Carson City. Call me after 10:00 am to chat;
    (650)796-5132

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

Default Look up Terry Ives Industries

He is in Granite Bay

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike McHugh View Post
    I think Terry was from Sacramento area, and had an Anson SA-6, a go kart background…?
    I don’t remember if they ran the car much, had issues with oil leaks. I remember making some suggestions for
    a fix. The VW engines were simple, but when changes were made to it for racing, you had to know how to seal them.

I am in Reno/ Carson City. Call me after 10:00 am to chat;
    (650)796-5132
    Looks like I’m going to be picking up this SA6 from Terry. I too am a 30 year karter and looking for that next challenge. Since the car is in pieces I’m hoping the Anson community will be helpful with pics and info so I can reconstruct it. Greatly looking forward to the challenge of building and then driving this fine machine. Anyone know the history of this car?

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Awesome to hear... welcome to the forum, and to your first car!

I raced karts in ‘77-78, ‘81-3, and 2001-2... and also just bought our first car! — a Vee that’s a fair bit slower than my last kart. :-)

And Yes, Terry Ives was a spectacular karter!

Mike McHugh is your source for existing parts, I can put you in touch if interested — he’s a good guy, too.

Today, a member here PMed me regarding our documenting the Ansons better than what’s currently out there. Here’s one resource, though very incomplete:
    https://www.formulasupervee.com/anson.html

This is one fine site, though no serial numbers for Ansons yet (Ralts have them, though!). But still clues to perhaps finding your car’s history, start with 1985:
    https://www.oldracingcars.com/fsv/

I think some heads need putting together to archiving these wonderful cars — once and for all.

I may know of a SA4 coming up for sale, likely as a roller if so...

14. The following members LIKED this post:

So the car is now in my possession. It’s going to be quite the project to get it on track again. It seems to be pretty much all there so far. Chassis number SA6V601. Looking at results from 1986 it seems to have been Johnny O’Connells car that year
    https://www.oldracingcars.com/fsv/re...86/long-beach/
    no log book unfortunately but I did get some set up sheets from prior owners that will help.
    Short term goal is to get it on track again. Long term goal is to restore it with the period correct livery as run in 86.

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Congratulations!

Livery was my past life, let me know if I can help.

You have lots of work ahead, then loads of fun. Enjoy the process.

18. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information