Liked: 1

Default Shipping services to US from BAY-UK

Need some information from the forum. Are there any "TRUSTWORTHY" firms or individuals that can purchase items from EBAY-UK and ship to the US? There are several items I am interested in available on EBAY-UK but these sellers will " NOT" ship directly to the US. Any information and insight would be appreciated and THANKS!!!! Jerry

Liked: 40

Ebay have a global shipping program for this. I've used it, well actually the people that are buying the stuff from me have used it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/global-s...gramme?id=4646

Not had a problem to date with it, but then not had any problems either i.e. should items get lost in the post from the intermediary shipping company who is responsible etc.

Have you tried asking the seller if they will ship directly to the US as to date I've not had a problem shipping stuff to the US and the French aren't in the way blocking everything getting out of our small Island.....

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 313

I have bought items from the US and had them shipped through the eBay Global Shipping Program, all without any problems to date. It may not be the speediest way as items have to go from the seller to the intermediary before they're booked for export, but it does work fine.

My company sends equipment to the US regularly, usually with UPS either directly or booked through Parcel2Go. Again, no issues to date.

Even if a seller hasn't listed international shipping, it's always worth asking - I've done this on several occasions and not had anyone say no...yet!

Another option is - if you know someone in the UK - use their address to create a UK 'ship to' in you eBay address book. Then use that for purchases and have the friend send it to you in the US.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 270

Default UK

We have come across this with a number of UK companies on small orders - too much red tape I suppose with the VAT(tax) man.
    If you do ship to a UK address its a fairly high VAT tax to be paid as well - not sure of the rate. We have been referred to other dealers or distributors in most cases that will export.
    Its interesting the complaining about the current post Brexit paperwork 'increase' - its almost exactly the same as our Canadian shipments under NAFTA or whatever its called now.
    Phil

Contributing Member
    Liked: 313

As the owner of a UK company that exports to countries in the EU and elsewhere, I find the complaints about post-Brexit increase in paperwork groundless.

Before leaving the EU, every quarter we had to file a report of all transactions with EU companies including payments, category of transaction and VAT number (which we had a legal obligation to validate through an EU website).

If a buyer was registered in their own country for VAT, we didn't need to charge it; if they weren't, then we did.

Now it is all the same - simply book the shipment, complete a standard commercial invoice and that's all.

Any tax liability is paid by the recipient, we don't have to request and check numbers and we don't have to complete pointless forms any longer!

Thread Information