Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4359

Default Howard Liebengood Jr

https://racer.com/2021/01/10/howard-...er-dies-at-51/

I did not know the man, but this seems like news for our community.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 902

Thanks Greg. I didn't know him either, but your post serves as an excellent reminder to all of us about the pervasiveness of mental health issues in society, and how we have (so far) failed to deal with them effectively.

best,
    BT

4. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 1115

I heard of Howard’s demise last night and wondered why his name struck a memory cell. Now I know.

Perhaps my greatest, realized fear is there’s almost nothing one can say of our social issues without it being enraged upon as “politics.”

So all I will say is,”I’m so very sorry, Howard. Thank You from every recess of my heart for your service. Rest, and Race, in Peace.”

6. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 13

Pretty sure that I met Howard briefly at the Bertil Roos school at VIR a couple years ago. We were seated next to each other and introduced ourselves and struck up a conversation during a break in class. He mentioned that he was a Capitol Police officer from DC and was returning to racing after a brief absence. I was actually more curious about his job than his racing interests.

Nice guy, seemed quiet and soft spoken. Who knows what role the events of last week played in this tragedy, but it's a tragedy nonetheless.

8. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 81

Just heartbreaking. All of it.

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 271

Default Howie

Super guy, good customer and a great fit for Dennis Eade and Comprep (!) back a few years - hard to understand.
    Phil

12. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 902

He was mentioned in an article in the The New Yorker (online version) today as well. Am not sending a link as it is an article about politics, but I thought it was worthy to note the sad news of his loss seems to be spreading in a positive way...

best
    bt

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 301

I've come across two articles relating to this:
    • "Second officer dies related to capitol riots"
    • "Two capitol police dead following riots"

Neither bother to mention his name nor the fact that his passing was NOT a result of the rioting.
    It's a disgrace how our media now turn every personal tragedy into a political commentary. Makes me sick.
    I didn't know Mr. Liebengood but, by what I'm reading here, he was another well-liked & loved member of our community.
    Like so many in recent memory, he deserves better than this type of media-hype garbage.
    Our thoughts and prayers to his family & friends as they struggle through this most difficult of times.

Glenn & Terri Lange

Thread Information