Liked: 32

Default 2021 Indy Runoffs

Howdy ya'll. SCCA will not "recognize" a separate FM championship within FX, at the 2021 Indy Runoffs, as they did at the 2020 Runoffs at Road America. Deanna said that was for the first year only.

So - we will still have support from Moses & Tara, and assuming we get Goodyear and Mazda contingency for FM, how many standard FM's plan to race (in FX) at the 2021 SCCA Runoffs at Indy??? It would be great to have 15 or more !

(as long as we are not smothered by a large group of much faster FX cars & there is a good grid of FM's, I plan on racing at the Indy Runoffs)

P.S. I think the "rain tire" issue is being resolved, so we all will race on an even playing field.

(I should ask why FC is so much different, that SCCA forms a committee [which I support as a good idea] to figure ways to get more cars out, and FM did not. We just got rolled into a new catch-all class of faster cars, without notice ??? but I won't... lol)

Liked: 42

Default New FX requirement

Mel, you got me thinking, and I found this while reviewing the latest rules for FX:

9.1.1. Formula X (FX) SpecificationsGCR - 289

K. All cars competing in Majors Races and the Runoffs must have the AIM part #X47KPFSOLO2R0 databox mount installed on the vehicle to provide the necessary mounting of the AIM Solo or Solo 2 databox...
    allow the random placement of data boxes on cars in thepre-grid by SCCA assigned personal and the collection of the box when the car exits the racetrack.

Found one on Amazon for $16. Just gotta find a place to mount it that doesn't require removal of body parts.
    Jim Phoenix Van Diemen RF79 CF

Default (Solo 2 bracket)

Jim - that is the correct part # for the current "2 prong" mount for the Solo 2 (just be sure you do NOT get the single prong for the older Solo 1). $14.99 at Pegasus. Happy New Year buddy !!!

Quote Originally Posted by starfmguy View Post
    Jim - that is the correct part # for the current "2 prong" mount for the Solo 2 (just be sure you do NOT get the single prong for the older Solo 1). $14.99 at Pegasus. Happy New Year buddy !!!
    Got it, and Happy New Year to you as well!!

Liked: 11

I am planning to run, a lot could change by then but for now that is my intent.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 17

It's a long shot, but my plan is to attempt to go. Many things have to fall into place. I'm planning on the Majors/Regionals path. It will be my first time at Majors and Runoffs.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 146

I took my first look at the 2021 GCR and Formula X now includes FormulaSpeed 2.0, FRP Zetecs, Formula FX Ireland(?), ancient Pro Super Vee(!) and Euro Formula Renault 2.0(!!). At this point they might as well throw FE1 and Pro Mazda into this wapatui. FR2.0 will still beat them all.
    Last edited by dalz; 01.07.21 at 1:31 AM.
    Dale V.
    Lake Effect Motorsports
    FM
    Spartan VP-2/Mazda

Default Anyone else planning to run the Indy Runoffs ???

Well, this is looking bleak... One "plan" and one "long shot' (which I clearly understand), no other takers? Any other FM's planning to go to the Indy Runoffs??? I even have my engine at Daryl's shop, but I stopped him before he rebuilt it, and am picking it up tomorrow. I will not spend the money, time & effort if we don't have a good group of FM's at Indy.

I agree it would be a tough race, and we are now the slowest cars in FX by multiple seconds per lap. Look at the group of cars SCCA is putting into FX, now to include Pro Super Vee's (like Ralt RT-5's) !!! And Formula Ireland ! What, there are about 2 of those cars in North America (although they are kind of like FE's). I am surprised they haven't included the standard FE cars yet & fully expect they will. I expect the Pro F2000 will still be very fast and the car to beat. Great, another class where you have to have the "car de-jour" to win...

I still wish we could have had a working committee, like FC is getting now, to see if we could get our numbers up, before they eliminated FM.

Quote Originally Posted by starfmguy View Post
    I will not spend the money, time & effort if we don't have a good group of FM's at Indy.
    There are 8 FM's registered for the Polar Prix Majors next weekend (and four PFM's) at MSR in Cresson, TX. That sounds like a perfect fit for your current stable, Mel - maybe it's time to move to Texas?

Liked: 16

We are planning to be there with our FM.

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 17

I'm planning to go to Runoffs this year. Will likely do my typical Majors races in the Mid-States conference (Topeka, Pueblo, HPR 1 & 2). Wanted to go to Hallett, but my last unmarried friend has decided to ruin that with a wedding.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ryan McLaughlin
    FM #3 (the cow car)
    http://rally.build

15. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information