Thread: Lola t620 fsv

Liked: 66

Default Lola t620 fsv

Wanted, Lola T620 FSV complete shifter assembly and any or all structure from the main hoop back. The actual list is below..

• Engine/Transaxle Adapter
    • Lower/upper A-Arm mounts
    • L/R Triangular engine mounts
    • Lower “V” engine mount brace
    • Main hoop rear brace
    • Coolant Swirlpot
    • Complete shifter assy
    • Complete air intake assy
    • Engine Cover
    • Original seat
    • Cast Rear Caliper Brackets, Lola P/N B320/7003

Thanks,

FGM
    Last edited by 2fast2stop; 12.16.21 at 8:48 PM.

Liked: 39

Default Lola t620 fsv

HI, Just responding to your search in case you would be interested in the Lola T620 FSV complete shifter assembly that is attached to a very nice complete Lola T620 FSV including the complete shifter assembly that I would be willing to part with. If there's any interest in the car let me know.

Tom

at my

3. The following 5 users liked this post:

Default Lola T620 FSV

PM Sent...........

Default 620 parts

Still looking for these 620 parts, trying to resurrect my car.........

Liked: 0

Default T620 fsv

Quote Originally Posted by tdf4golf View Post
    HI, Just responding to your search in case you would be interested in the Lola T620 FSV complete shifter assembly that is attached to a very nice complete Lola T620 FSV including the complete shifter assembly that I would be willing to part with. If there's any interest in the car let me know.

Tom

at my

Hello,
    I am seriously interested, let me know your price understanding. Could you send more pictures of the car, specific of the engine, is it a 1600ccm watercooled super vee ?

Best Regards
    Last edited by March783; 07.27.21 at 4:49 PM.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

I raced against this car for several years. It never had a lot of use, was impeccably restored, and absolutely stunning the last time I saw it at the track. The owner owned a body shop so the paint was always perfect. The sidepods I understand are very unique, few of the 620s had them.

Previous owner had health problems and the car sat for a while.

Tom, you need to get that thing out of the garage and run it.

Liked: 2

Default lola 620

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast2stop View Post
    Still looking for these 620 parts, trying to resurrect my car.........
    I have 620 HU 18.
    will be Racing my lola at sears point Oct. 1-3 . 2021

i can supply you photos, some drawings and im able to manufacture the parts you need.

regards
    Tony Garmey

9. The following members LIKED this post:

I am still on need of these 620 parts to finish my rare W/Cooled T328FSV. I'm sure someone has 620 parts that won't ever be used, My 328 is a significant car, I believe only two were built, and it would be a shame to remain unfinished....

Wanted, Lola T620 FSV complete shifter assembly and any or all structure from the main hoop back. The actual list is below..

• Engine/Transaxle Adapter
    • Lower/upper A-Arm mounts
    • L/R Triangular engine mounts
    • Lower “V” engine mount brace
    • Main hoop rear brace
    • Coolant Swirlpot
    • Complete shifter assy
    • Complete air intake assy
    • Original seat
    • Rear Caliper Brackets

Thanks,

FGM

I believe I have the engine adapter. At least I have A rabbit to Mk 9 adapter that was common to use back in the day when converting a air-cooled car to a rabbit. Whether its a specific Lola part I don't know. Its buried in a sea van at the moment.

The swirl pot, rear engine brace, and shifter assembly can all be easily fabricated, probably much easier than trying to find the actual parts. The Chassis shop or Industrial Metal Supply has weld-in threaded tube adapters for the ends. Any shifter you fabricate using the methods discussed in other parts of Apexspeed will be vastly superior to anything made back in the day.

One place to go to look is the parts section of race-cars.com. Don't bother with posting something in wanted, it seems to be a haven for scammers. Look at the guys that are selling a lot of stuff and contact one of them and then work that network.

Original seat? why bother. You can make a better bead seat anyway.

Caliper brackets - if inboard, probably any MK9 brake bracket will work. If outboard, then it's likely any Lola FSV brake bracket will work. FSVs required TY III bearings and stub axles. the inner flange is a 4-bolt affair that was usually replaced with a flange/caliper bracket or had a caliper bracket welded to it.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 58

Default Trans Adapter

Have you tried Kennedy Engineered Products ?

At the bottom of the page #3600

https://www.kennedyeng.com/4-cylinder-engine-list

Default T620 Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wirtz View Post
    Have you tried Kennedy Engineered Products ?

At the bottom of the page #3600

https://www.kennedyeng.com/4-cylinder-engine-list
    Yes I have. They would only do an adapter for a water cooled Rabbit engine to a VW/Hewland gearbox in the air cooled orientation for off road buggies....

Default T620 Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Kirchner View Post
    I believe I have the engine adapter. At least I have A rabbit to Mk 9 adapter that was common to use back in the day when converting a air-cooled car to a rabbit. Whether its a specific Lola part I don't know. Its buried in a sea van at the moment.

The swirl pot, rear engine brace, and shifter assembly can all be easily fabricated, probably much easier than trying to find the actual parts. The Chassis shop or Industrial Metal Supply has weld-in threaded tube adapters for the ends. Any shifter you fabricate using the methods discussed in other parts of Apexspeed will be vastly superior to anything made back in the day.

One place to go to look is the parts section of race-cars.com. Don't bother with posting something in wanted, it seems to be a haven for scammers. Look at the guys that are selling a lot of stuff and contact one of them and then work that network.

Original seat? why bother. You can make a better bead seat anyway.

Caliper brackets - if inboard, probably any MK9 brake bracket will work. If outboard, then it's likely any Lola FSV brake bracket will work. FSVs required TY III bearings and stub axles. the inner flange is a 4-bolt affair that was usually replaced with a flange/caliper bracket or had a caliper bracket welded to it.
    The adapter ring is specific to a 620. It's about 15/16'' thick. I can fabricate anything in my shop but I would need to see the original parts to reproduce them accurately.

What really annoys the crap out of me are those ''no longer'' racers who have tons of spares yet they refuse to sell anything. It's not like is still booming like it was years ago. When they go their family will sell the cars and spare parts for pennies on the dollar.

15. The following 2 users liked this post:

What really annoys the crap out of me are those ''no longer'' racers who have tons of spares yet they refuse to sell anything. It's not like is still booming like it was years ago. When they go their family will sell the cars and spare parts for pennies on the dollar.
    The problem is that those guys are not active here.

17. The following members LIKED this post:

Default WC T328/T620 Parts

Still looking....

Default 620 parts

Still looking for T620 parts for my water cooled T328, I guess I’m just beating a dead horse. It’s sad that interest in our sport is waning but fortunately there are others like me that want to keep restoring these beautiful and historic cars and return them to the track.

Unfortunately, there are the hoarders out there sitting on parts they will never use and will end up in some dumpster when they’re gone. Time to dust off the cobwebs and clean out the garages. Let those of us wanting to keep the sport alive have the opportunity to acquire the rare parts needed….

Liked: 1108

I totally understand and commiserate for your frustration, Frank.

Our van is seven years newer than your T328, and we routinely have the same problem — despite probably building 1000x more of them.

I think you’re in a similar numbers game, but hope you find (or have made) things just the same. I love Super Vee and hate reading this.

Good Luck.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Contributing Member
    Liked: 899

Default A recession.....

...coupled with inflation, may be exactly what is required to get people to dust off old vintage race parts and sell them onwards. Keep looking, be patient - this stuff may literally come to you.

cheers,
    bt

22. The following members LIKED this post:

Default 620 parts

Quote Originally Posted by E1pix View Post
    I totally understand and commiserate for your frustration, Frank.

Our van is seven years newer than your T328, and we routinely have the same problem — despite probably building 1000x more of them.

I think you’re in a similar numbers game, but hope you find (or have made) things just the same. I love Super Vee and hate reading this.

Good Luck.
    Since the water cooled T328 and T620 are the same from the front hoop back I know there are 620 parts out there being hoarded....
    Last edited by 2fast2stop; 08.12.22 at 1:57 PM. Reason: added text

Liked: 1108

Unfortunate.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Default T328/t620 parts

My list for my water cooled T328 has gotten shorter:
    T328/T620 Parts

Lower/upper A-Arm mounts
    L/R Triangular engine bay main hoop to rear bulkhead braces
    Lower “V” engine bay frame brace