Liked: 1

Default 75 Reynard on BAT

No connection to this listing on BAT. Just FYI

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-formula-ford/

Liked: 295

Looks pretty tidy. Was there rear bodywork originally?

Liked: 15

The first owner of this car was Jimmie Rowe, a Kentucky farmer, banker and oil man. Jimmie and I traveled together and help each other at most of the races we ran in the 70's and 80's. I drove this car at Mid-Ohio and IRP Nationals one summer in the mid 80's after the Swift had obsoleted all of the 70's chassis. Finished mid pack and did not get lapped! I was happy! That summer there was a special race at IRP for what became the Club Ford Class. I think we had about 25 cars. I finished 2nd after leading about half of the laps. Latter that year Jimmie crashed the car at Road Atlanta. Ending, upside down in the middle of the track under the bridge with 3 corners damaged. The car was sealed in plastic and stored in one of Jimmie's tobacco barns! After Jimmies died I bought the car. David Jr and I rebuilt the car including updating the front roll bar. I raced the car several times but really did not fit. I ended every session with the body pushed out on both sides of the car.

When David Jr turned 16 he wonted to start racing with SCCA after 8 year of Karts. When he sat in this car his head was above the roll bar without a helmet and when he pushed on the gas or brake the nose would go up from his feet. So, I bought a Z16 for him to get started.

Many good memories but David Jr and I could not fit in the car. So, I sold the car to a gentlemen from Madison WI in the late 90's.

It was my understanding that this design was Reynard's Senior Engineering project and was first intended for a F2000

David Livingston Sr

4. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 7

I am the new owner of this lovely example of an early Reynard FF.
    looking forward to getting out on track!
    my previous cars that I've designed and built can be seen here
    www.andredavidbrown.com/reynard

6. The following 7 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

Quote Originally Posted by andredavidbrown View Post
    I am the new owner of this lovely example of an early Reynard FF.
    looking forward to getting out on track!
    my previous cars that I've designed and built can be seen here
    www.andredavidbrown.com/reynard
    Congratulations on your "new" car! Should be a blast to drive. I understand that the Nor West Formula Ford Series has a facebook page and a website so check them out for events.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 7

Can anyone recommend a shipping company who can deliver both the car + the spares from Minnesota to Seattle?

Liked: 536

Quote Originally Posted by andredavidbrown View Post
    Can anyone recommend a shipping company who can deliver both the car + the spares from Minnesota to Seattle?
    Check with Tony Garmey at Horizon Racing in Puyallup. He probably won't have a service available but he can probably recommend someone.

Also try Race Car Locators in Spokane, they deal with a lot of carriers.

When I sold a Camaro we used Reliable, although I don't know how much formula car experience they have.

PS, I also expect to see you at SOVREN events running CFF!
    Last edited by Bardahl77; 11.16.20 at 7:53 PM.

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information