Liked: 3

Default Help with possible March 822 body

Hello guys I'm newly registered here but I've been looking for years. I would like some help ID'ing this formula car body. I bought it last night from a lady that didn't know what car it belonged to. I've done tons of picture searching of vintage formula cars and sports racers from the late 70's and early 80's. In my opinion I think it belongs to a March 822 formula 2 / formula Atlantic car. Here are some pictures. I know they are terrible but just bear with me. I can take some some tonight if these are to bad.

I bought it with the intention of using it for a body for a home built formula hill climb car but I might just have it painted in the Parmalat livery and hang it from the garage ceiling.

The woman's husband ran a prep shop in NY and was involved with Bob Sharp racing. That's all I know about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any history of the panels would be awesome too.

The black complete car picture were taken from britishracecar.com from Justin Frick's build thread. And the red from google search.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ChrisKneifelForDouglasShierson.jpg 
Views:	662 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	94756   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JustinFrick-March-822-ZD.jpg 
Views:	645 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	94760   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201102_195435.jpg 
Views:	654 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	94759  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201030-151534_Facebook.jpg 
Views:	600 
Size:	269.4 KB 
ID:	94758   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201102_195445.jpg 
Views:	612 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	94757  
    Last edited by SpiritRacingCNC; 11.03.20 at 1:27 PM.

Liked: 49

You have it use it for the car does good hanging there..

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by tige00 View Post
    You have it use it for the car does good hanging there..
    You are right about that. Plus I love the look of it. Of course I'd have to find or fabricate a nose cone but I don't think it would be to much trouble.

Vancouver at heart but Adelaide is where you'll find me
    Liked: 16

Default 82a

you should try to contact Justin Frick this was all in his hands about 7 years ago when he sold it complete with engine to the race shop you are referring to. her late husband sold the engine then she sold the car about 18 months ago. she must have held back some of the parts in the sale which you have now bought
    the car was run in Atlantic series not F2 (not ever) (urban myth)
    Justin will be able to tell you all as he owned, made and repaired everything in that 82A sale

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    you should try to contact Justin Frick this was all in his hands about 7 years ago when he sold it complete with engine to the race shop you are referring to. her late husband sold the engine then she sold the car about 18 months ago. she must have held back some of the parts in the sale which you have now bought
    the car was run in Atlantic series not F2 (not ever) (urban myth)
    Justin will be able to tell you all as he owned, made and repaired everything in that 82A sale
    Wow thank you for the response. Pretty much everything I wanted to know. Very cool even though it didn't run in F2. I was checking out Justin's build. Very impressive. I will probably end up using it for my build then.

Thank you again

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Default just

sell it

Liked: 17

March 82A and March 822 is the same car
    822 is the F2 car 82A was the Atlantic designation using 1600 bda motor

Thread Information