Contributing Member
    Liked: 470

Default Van Diemen Wheel Bearings-RF98 and up?

I thought since I'd finally managed to track this down, I thought I'd start a thread to record the information for everyone's benefit.

From what I've learned searching the net, the RF98-2 (the FC version from that year with the bolt-on roll bar) used double-row wheel bearings with dimensions of:

OD: 88mm
    ID: 49mm
    W: 46mm

A little digging turned up a part number of SNR GB40279 S01, and the SKF Parts Interchange website lists that part as being the same as their GRW506, and that it was used as the rear wheel bearing on Mercedes-Benz models:

400E 93-92 (Hey: that's how SKF wrote it!)
    400SE 1992
    400SEL 1993...

...and numerous other numbers from 420 to 600 (with various suffixes), all in the 1991 to 1993 model years.

As I understand it, these bearings were probably used from 1998 on to the present models still made by Elan

I came looking here, and found the basic dimensions and one part number, so I thought I'd leave things a little better for the next racer who came looking.

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 702

I don't recall which brand Pegasus carries (SKF, if memory serves) and they don't specify the mfr part #:
    https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...asp?RecID=8734

I might still have one and can add that part # to Alan's thread.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Liked: 278

The SKF Motorsport number used to be BAH-0144, it is now VKBC20146
    The SKF non-motorsport number of GRW-506 sounds correct if memory serves. There have been some running design changes to that number that make it more difficult to service.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 470

This is great stuff, folks.

Appreciate the expansions. And the Timken Bearing Interchange catalog lists part number: 513130 for theirs, and showmetheparts.com can be used to find basically everyone who makes them.

Thread Information