Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contributing Member
    Liked: 322

Quote Originally Posted by rodorico83 View Post
    I read your post to quickly , i thought it was a ATL distributor in belgium... some hours of search would had save me ...lol
    Do you know them ?
    Simtech are on the FIA list of approved fuel cell manufacturers, which is where I found them.

Liked: 8

Quote Originally Posted by tlracer View Post
    Simtech are on the FIA list of approved fuel cell manufacturers, which is where I found them.
    ahaaa

got the list now

Liked: 17

size of fuel cell has very little bearing in the cost of the cell it just means u have more work to do to install a smaller tank and secure it in the chassis
    Fuel pumps depends on the engine being used as to how the pumps are needed
    Normally the tank has internal collector pot with a low pressure lift pump to extract the fuel then high pressure pump to take it to the engine
    My dallara F3 can use 1 or 2 low pressure pumps to feed the high pressure pump in the tower depending on engine used

some fuel tanks can be gravity feed if the outlet is on the bottom of the tank

Liked: 20

Quote Originally Posted by dereklola View Post
    For what it is worth - - -

Whenever I have had a new cell made to replace a old (original) fuel cell - three times now - I have always had the new one approx 1/4" - 3/8" (6-10 mm) smaller (narrower) on each surface. Then filled the "gap" with foam or a smooth surface to avoid rubbing and wearing.
    If you have a cell made, make sure to follow the above advice. I had a cell bladder made by Fuel Safe a couple years ago to replace the badly deteriorated original one. They supposedly allowed extra space in their design to make sure it would actually fit in the can. It barely fit, and was an absolute bear to close the can, which is semi-integrated into the chassis on my car. I'd allow for at least a 1/4" on each dimension next time. Easier to fill a space than try to make a too-large bladder fit ...

Quote Originally Posted by stownsen914 View Post
    If you have a cell made, make sure to follow the above advice. I had a cell bladder made by Fuel Safe a couple years ago to replace the badly deteriorated original one. They supposedly allowed extra space in their design to make sure it would actually fit in the can. It barely fit, and was an absolute bear to close the can, which is semi-integrated into the chassis on my car. I'd allow for at least a 1/4" on each dimension next time. Easier to fill a space than try to make a too-large bladder fit ...
    yes that is on my plans, mainly it would be more easy to introduce the bladder on the cavity when i took the old one out, was really difficult to extract, i have to compacted that much that when it come out it loose 30% of the rubber ... i had to bend tight corners that basically open the joins on many points...

for the moment the best quotation i got is from
    https://www.soler-rs.com/en/fia-ft3-...ed-fuel-tanks/

Some good and bad news here.
    I got the new bladder, final price 2250.
    after installation i saw a opening in a overly inside the cell, and after extraction i saw a couple of air bubbles.
    So i had to extract bladder again, quite more paintful than installation and send back to vulcanize again.
    I can believe how this guys send a bladder like this, that only means that they did not inspect the interior at all...
    However the bladder looks quite strong and sturdy, and al tight bend seems to be nicely overlaid with 2 or 3 layers
    some pics with bubble and opening highligthed and some other of the bladder itself after arrival.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1607370073543.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	95311   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1607370073530.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	95312   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1607448115359.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	95313  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1607448115357.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	95314   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1607448115353.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	95315  

Liked: 17

Well as they say "You get what you pay for "
    Buy cheap pay twice!!

Quote Originally Posted by march718 View Post
    Well as they say "You get what you pay for "
    Buy cheap pay twice!!
    cheap 2250 euros i dont think so, bad quality from FIA recognized manufacturer i dont think so. pay twice no way .
    But a lack of work verification yes !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information