Liked: 2

Default WTB/WTT: Autox/Solo CM car

I'm looking for a CM car for use in autox/solo. I'm not afraid of a project.

I would prefer a trade for my 2003 Honda S2000. It has 225k miles and is mechanical sound and stock except for the Nvidia N1 catback. It does come with the stock catback. It has the OE wheels with RE71R tires and a square set of 17x9 wheels that are STR legal with almost new Conti ExtremeContact Sports (DW). it does look like it has 225k miles.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 90

Whats kbb value on it?

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by 10rmotor View Post
    Whats kbb value on it?
    Low and outdated. Bare shells go for more than what KBB has it listed at. The market for S2000s is pretty hot right now and values have been on the rise for the last couple years. As it sits right now, the car is an $8-10k car. The fact that it's 99% stock and has a clean title push it to the higher end of that range.

Liked: 80

You may be better off selling your S2000 and then using the money to buy the right FF for you.

I mean like you said the prices of an S2000 is between 25K to 35K if you got 30k for you car you could buy a really nice CF or FF buy the extras it would take to get in the CM class and then start having fun.

I talked to about 5 people this last event about the CM class which is great, I believe the class is looking up.

I remember some good advice from another CM person which is you can buy a used FF for 8K to 10K and then put a lot more into the car like shocks, wheels, gear sets and other small things which could cost 10k more to make right before you run it in the CM class. Or you buy a 15k to 17k FF with most of the small stuff except gear sets and be almost ready to run in the CM Class. This of course does not include a truck and trailer but thats the easy part.

So as you can see you can get into the class for the cost of your S2000. One last thing go to a road racing event with FF and sit in some of these cars and get a great ideal of how they feel. All I can say (LOL) is I wish I would have done this 10 years ago.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by CM/FFdriver View Post
    You may be better off selling your S2000 and then using the money to buy the right FF for you.

I mean like you said the prices of an S2000 is between 25K to 35K if you got 30k for you car you could buy a really nice CF or FF buy the extras it would take to get in the CM class and then start having fun.

I talked to about 5 people this last event about the CM class which is great, I believe the class is looking up.

I remember some good advice from another CM person which is you can buy a used FF for 8K to 10K and then put a lot more into the car like shocks, wheels, gear sets and other small things which could cost 10k more to make right before you run it in the CM class. Or you buy a 15k to 17k FF with most of the small stuff except gear sets and be almost ready to run in the CM Class. This of course does not include a truck and trailer but thats the easy part.

So as you can see you can get into the class for the cost of your S2000. One last thing go to a road racing event with FF and sit in some of these cars and get a great ideal of how they feel. All I can say (LOL) is I wish I would have done this 10 years ago.

Ben
    With the minimal response I've gotten for a trade, I'm working on selling the car. It's definitely not a 25k to 35k car. It's an 8k to 10k car. I have no doubt I'll have to put a fair bit into a car I can get for that, but I'm good with that. The build is part of the appeal to me. I do appreciate the perspective and advice, though.

Liked: 309

Default '83 Reynard w Trailer and Spares...IL...

Joshua,

Check your PMs; I need your eMail address...
    Dawn Odoi's '83 Reynard w trailer and spares (located in the Chicago area) is now available...

Take care,
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

9. The following 4 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Gary Godula's Avatar
    Liked: 60

Quote Originally Posted by -pru- View Post
    Joshua,

Check your PMs; I need your eMail address...
    Dawn Odoi's '83 Reynard w trailer and spares (located in the Chicago area) is now available...

Take care,
    I am sorry to hear Dawn selling the Reynard. Was always hoping to see her at more events and develop the car further. She is a far better driver than she showed in that car. It can be fast with the right tuning.
    Gary Godula
    '88 Reynard FF88
    SCCA Club Racing / Solo #57 FF/CM

This car is sold. I ended up going the SSC route, for the sake of my co-driver.

Thanks

Thread Information