Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default HPD in tank fuel pressure regulator issue

I am doing a new build on an 02 Van Diemen with an HPD kit.

The concern is over proper install on the HPD in tank Fuel regulator. It is a discontinued Denso part in an aluminum HPD housing. This is the same system as in my existing car although I have not pulled the fuel tower to fully inspect for differences.

I have now installed two and I continue to have 100PSI or so at all times.(I am guessing that is un restricted capacity of the pump) Anyone else have experience with the HPD supplied regulator and any tricks I should be aware of?

In the mean time will be installing an Aeromotive external regulator system but curious if I am missing a simple step in the install of the HPD kit.

Thanks,

JM
    Last edited by Messenger Racing; 09.21.20 at 1:04 PM.
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Classifieds Super License Raceworks's Avatar
    Liked: 215

It's odd that one would be crap out of the box, let alone two. I don't recall any trick to installing them, either. The fact that in the event one fails they're a royal pain to swap out I tend to go for the external ones.
    Sam Lockwood
    Raceworks, Inc
    www.lockraceworks.com

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Default HPD Fuel PSI

Sam,

Thanks for the thoughts - same here so I look to the first variable - myself on a new install. However I am at a loss on anything to do different other than divide and conquer. New external system should get here tomorrow and then we can work on the install. At this point the car needs wiring of cockpit and the fuel PSI issue to be ready for bodywork, setup and test day. Trying to get some track time in it before winter.

I dropped you a phone call to talk about FRP, FF Honda, etc - not urgent.

JM
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Liked: 157

Default long shot

Gauge issue? Since two in a row measure 100PSI?

Default HPD Fuel PSI

Nope, first thing we did was stick a manual guage on the manifold. It is also the same sensor spec as the oil PSI and has the same setup in the data system.

Bought an Aeromotive bypass unit and put it on to fix the issue.

Thanks for the feedback!
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Thread Information