Liked: 5

Default Looking for Larry Schneider contact info

I have an Ocelot Mk 8-A Sports 2000 and would like to discuss the vehicle with Larry Schneider or Gene Davis. Please let me know if you have contact info for them or know of anyone else who may be familiar with the car.
    http://www.braatenclassics.net/Ocelo...A+for+sale.htm

Thanks,

Stan
    stancns@aol.com

Contributing Member
    Liked: 110

Stan - Back in the day I owned the MK6A that was originally owned by Chuck Witz and then Lou DeMarchi. Won my first national race in this car back when S2 was booming.

Probably my favorite car of all the cars I’ve owned, better than given credit for but the technology and construction of the other cars in the class passed this car by quickly. Car was probably a year or 2 behind the curve when it came out.

Lou grafted a Lola 598 nose to the front in place of the wedge shaped original nose. Wasn't a bad idea, just not the best execution. Spent a lot of time making it look respectable. Car also came with the nose mold so as a young driver went thru a lot of noses and got pretty good at fiberglass work. Car is easy to work on, everything in the suspension is adjustable which is good or bad depending on how finely you want to tune it.

Not sure what info you’re looking for, I think most of the info I had went with the car when I sold it and don't have any contact info for Larry Schneider but you might check on the sports racer forum since he made more of the DSR versions.

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Thanks, Bill
    will do

Quote Originally Posted by stancns View Post
    Thanks, Bill
    will do
    I have contacted Gene Davis, still looking for contact info for Larry Schneider

Contributing Member
    Liked: 98

Default Ocelot Fun Fact

Shortly after Dan Olberg purchased the Ocelot name and design rights he was contacted by Lincoln Mercury who were interested at the time of naming their cars after various cats (remember the Bobcat and Cougar?). They arrived at a deal and Dan set up his own machine shop with the profit. I think he then became Magnum Motors?

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Nygard View Post
    Shortly after Dan Olberg purchased the Ocelot name and design rights he was contacted by Lincoln Mercury who were interested at the time of naming their cars after various cats (remember the Bobcat and Cougar?). They arrived at a deal and Dan set up his own machine shop with the profit. I think he then became Magnum Motors?

Hi Marty,

Can you please email me contact info for Dan Olberg?

Thanks,

Stan

Contributing Member
    Liked: 98

Stan,
    I don't even know if he is even still alive. Last time I saw him was close to 30 years ago at Road America when he still had the Ocelot Suzuki DSR. He was then living in south Minneapolis but don't know if that is still true.
    He was becoming heavily into vintage motorcycles at that time. Even had one of the Honda six cylinder bikes still in a crate.
    Good luck with your search.
    Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Nygard View Post
    Stan,
    I don't even know if he is even still alive. Last time I saw him was close to 30 years ago at Road America when he still had the Ocelot Suzuki DSR. He was then living in south Minneapolis but don't know if that is still true.
    He was becoming heavily into vintage motorcycles at that time. Even had one of the Honda six cylinder bikes still in a crate.
    Good luck with your search.
    Marty
    Thanks Marty
    I'll keep looking

Thread Information