Liked: 0

Default F500 around DC area

Is there an active F500 community around Washington DC? How many people are racing F500 in this region? What SCCA classes have the best participation?

Thanks!

Doug

Liked: 307

I think it has gotten to the point that I may be the only F500 in the DMV. I run a Majors schedule with the SE Division as my region of record.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    I think it has gotten to the point that I may be the only F500 in the DMV. I run a Majors schedule with the SE Division as my region of record.

Thanks - I'm just learning about the class - looks amazing, but would want a good field of competitors

Liked: 247

FV has a big following with the Northeast formula vee group as well as the Challenge Cup (both 25+ cars and single class racing), might want to consider FV as well.

https://challengecupseries.com/races/
    http://www.nefv.org

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by B Farnham View Post
    FV has a big following with the Northeast formula vee group as well as the Challenge Cup (both 25+ cars and single class racing), might want to consider FV as well.

https://challengecupseries.com/races/
    http://www.nefv.org
    Will do - thanks very much for the information!

Liked: 5

I have a KBSmk7 that I autocross only for right now and I am based out of Waldorf. I would go to the track with it, but I have two kids in diapers keeping me from getting out much and the timesink for drivers school to get a license and such is not doable for awhile.

I do intend to try running at a PHA event at Summit Point once I am a bit more comfortable in the car though.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66262261_2310070869069800_7970966329324732416_n.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	97482  

Liked: 14

Quote Originally Posted by dugsflyin View Post
    Is there an active F500 community around Washington DC? How many people are racing F500 in this region? What SCCA classes have the best participation?

Thanks!

Doug
    Need to go a little farther north to South Jersey. Most are running still at NJMP, Glen and occasionally Mid-Ohio. I used to run an F5 in the NY area and we had a decent group show at Summit Point. I moved out of the area since but they are really nice guys and a fun group!!

Thread Information