Liked: 49

Default One piece wheel options ?

Can someone educate me on what 1-piece wheel options are still available? I have the two-piece Jongbloeds, but prefer 1 piece design.

My BBS style looking wheels I received with the Stohr is what I want. I need to check the wheel for part markings to see who the manufacturer is, but everything is in the trailer and out of reach at the moment.

Liked: 95

Default Assuming things are the same

I bought 2 sets of the Joengbleod dropped forged wheels for my FC. The look nice and one of the wheels weighed 5.3 lbs. All the rest where somewhere under 6. They are not your cheapest choice. OZ mags I had where all 7 or above, mostly above. You can spin them down ( I am about to get flamed) by tacking 10 thou off the centres and get them lighter. Most people will say you are playing with matches on this but I know it's being done. I here you on the 2pc. Never found the knack to seal em right the first time, plus they flex.
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

I've always prefer 3 piece or 1 piece

Never had a problem sealing them, but then I've seen pictures where people put the center between the halves - and that is the wrong way to build 'em.

I do like the Jongbloed 1 piece. Very nice and light. Series 300. https://www.jongbloedracingwheels.com/wheels
    Reasonably priced the last time I checked.

A friend has BBS wheels for his FC and they are heavy.

Other than that the standard seems to be OZ.

Liked: 295

I used the mini-lite style wheels when I had my Reynard. They came in two different weights. Was it 6 and 8? I liked them fine. Not as high quality finish as on the oz wheels.

Thread Information