Contributing Member
    Liked: 6

For Sale SOLD 1997 Formula Mazda SOLD

1997 Formula Mazda and 2015 custom fit Freedom trailer for sale.
    Fanatically and professionally maintained and sorted Standard Formula Mazda, 3 owners from new. This car is fast and reliable, inexpensive to race and maintain and routinely finishes in the top three of its class with myself as its very conservative driver. (Therein lies the problem)

All SCCA books, with detailed records of all service and improvements, plus documents and photos of the multiple 1st, 2nd, 3rd place trophies. This well-maintained car was runner up in SEDIV points in 2012 when I began limiting travel. Comes with all the time sheets and results from each race.

This is a tight and fun car that is class competitive or eligible for vintage events or just track days. Easily maintained by a professional mechanic or conscientious DIYer (as I have been). All components are very accessible and easily sourced.

This sale represents a turning point for me. Following our enthusiastic performances together, it has stayed in a quiet and protected garage for the last 2 years, so now it’s time for it to go into more active hands. I’ll miss it, but will happily convey all spares, records, and any insider advice or knowledge I can so the car will live on doing what it does best. Some upgrades awaiting the new owner:

• Newly rebuilt transmission by Taylor, one race since
    • Strong motor refreshed 10 races ago, zero smoke, no over-revs. (Limiter set at 6750)
    • Replaced CV joints
    • Rebuilt brakes including aluminum calipers
    • Replaced muffler
    • Installed electric fuel pump to prevent fuel starvation in corners
    • Shocks rebuilt
    • Lightweight starter
    • Rebuilt steering rack and upgraded to prevent shaft push-through
    • Quick Connect battery switch
    • Newer master and clutch cylinders

The car also comes with costly spares for the next owner including:

• Repairable sidepod and rear wing (which came with the car)
    • Extra set of calipers
    • Extra dash setup with speed sensors
    • Extra ignition system
    • Extra fuel pump
    • Extra starter
    • Extra racing plugs and wires and cap and rotor
    • 1 extra set of wheels
    • 2 sets of rain tires (both in good shape)

This car is right and ready, needing only a fresh belt change to get going. (Be happy to install for you). It has been supremely maintained, carefully but competitively campaigned, and thoughtfully upgraded. Jump in for $17,000 (car only). Or with the trailer below - -

The 2015 customized lighted and wired Freedom Trailer fits the car perfectly with room to spare and comes with a winch, heavy duty trailer hitch, sway bar and load levelers, a 10x20 tent, cooler, battery charger, vacuum cleaner, aluminum storage shelves, 2000 watt generator, fan, heater, jumper cables, 2 extension cords, several fold out chairs, among other miscellaneous supplies like fluids and cleaners etc. all included to make your travel and set up easy and convenient. Not for sale separately unless the car sells 1st, the trailer and its contents would cost $6500 to duplicate.

Obviously when purchased together, this ideally-suited pair is $22,000 complete. This purchase will also include a valuable personal contact to share insights, maintenance tips and experiences, track gearing and more to help confidently put you in the driver’s seat. Contact me at brus@awf.law.com
    Last edited by MosesSmithRacing; 02.10.21 at 10:49 AM. Reason: SOLD

Liked: 0

Email kicked bad as undeliverable. Please email pics to chris@harrisonelectrical.com

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum CH View Post
    Email kicked bad as undeliverable. Please email pics to chris@harrisonelectrical.com
    Correct email is brus@awf.law

Contributing Member

Default Sold

I am reducing the price for quick sale. This is a bargain for a great car/trailer.

Car and trailer sold to aspiring 16 year old up and commer!!! Thanks Apexspeed!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MosesSmithRacing; 12.09.20 at 6:27 PM. Reason: SOLD

Thread Information