Liked: 227

Default Runoffs - Let's Get 20 F500s!

As Majors season starts to wind down, it's time to get excited about the Runoffs. The F500 entries have been stuck at 14 for a while and there are plenty of national racers who have not signed up yet. I'm sure there are others, but here is the list that I am calling out (in no particular order) to sign up and come have fun with us at Road America.

James Weida
    Steve Jondal
    Darrell Greening
    Jeff Jorgenson
    Rick Escola
    Dave Vincent
    Tim Friest
    Jay Beckley

Who did I forget?

Cory

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Runoffs winner James Weida has registered, so we are up to 3 Runoffs winners in a field of 14.

Rick Escola is a no go, but we can still get to 20. Although he wasn't on my original list above, Scott Rudolph should definitely make the trek from Maryland to join us at the Runoffs after his strong showing at PittRace last weekend!

Cory

Liked: 896

I am pretty sure that Cal Stewart will be there.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Things are heating up! We are up to 17 total with 4 former national champions. New sign-ups:

Calvin Stewart (HUGE oversight that he was not on my original list above)
    Steve Jondal
    Darrell Greening

We're getting closer to 20.....

Cory

Liked: 1108

Well done, Cory!

I wish you all the best at the Runoffs! We’d be there if allowed to attend the entire event — and as a longtime karter may well turn up on a grid soon.

Who’da thunk that enthusiasts could become competitors if enticed to do so? (clearly not RA)

Quote Originally Posted by E1pix View Post
    Well done, Cory!

I wish you all the best at the Runoffs! We’d be there if allowed to attend the entire event — and as a longtime karter may well turn up on a grid soon.

Who’da thunk that enthusiasts could become competitors if enticed to do so? (clearly not RA)

Thank you. Hope to see you on the grid soon!

8. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 72

18 now

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Up to 19!

Way to go Dave Vincent and Tim Friest! Look forward to seeing you all at Road America.

Cory

12. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 1108

Could our VW Camper make it 20?

(I need #4, by the way)

Liked: 307

Quote Originally Posted by cory mcleod View Post
    Up to 19!

Way to go Dave Vincent and Tim Friest! Look forward to seeing you all at Road America.

Cory
    We are down to 18 at present.

#3 of 7 formula car classes and tied for #4 of 10 formula/prototype classes. Good momentum to carry us into a (hopefully) more normal year in 2021 and the Indy Runoffs.

Now let's go have fun at Road America!

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by cory mcleod View Post
    #3 of 7 formula car classes and tied for #4 of 10 formula/prototype classes. Good momentum to carry us into a (hopefully) more normal year in 2021 and the Indy Runoffs.

Now let's go have fun at Road America!
    Down to 17 with Russel Strate withdrawing account NY's Covid stance.

Final entry was 16 with Don Napier withdrawing.

Congrats to Clint McMahan, James Weida and Calvin Stewart for fast runs to the podium in that order.

Liked: 8

Anyone know how soon we can see an archived video of the race? I had to work on Friday and was unable to see it live stream.

Liked: 830

Cory started this thread, but went out on the first lap. I'm curious to know what happened. Don't think any contact was involved, but not sure.

Oh.. and a big congrats to Clint on another championship. Weida was making a STRONG charge at the end after getting clear of Ellis. If the race had been another lap longer, who knows how it might have turned out.?

Also .. in the past, it has taken about 2 weeks for the first races to start showing up on the SCCA website.. but IIRC, they managed to get about 1/2 of them posted in just over a week. Seems they have now figured out a way to embed the commercials during the LIVE feed. The timing of those commercials seemed HORRIBLE to me, but, alas, I guess that's the cost of 'progress' .

Steve
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    Cory started this thread, but went out on the first lap. I'm curious to know what happened. Don't think any contact was involved, but not sure.

Oh.. and a big congrats to Clint on another championship. Weida was making a STRONG charge at the end after getting clear of Ellis. If the race had been another lap longer, who knows how it might have turned out.?

Also .. in the past, it has taken about 2 weeks for the first races to start showing up on the SCCA website.. but IIRC, they managed to get about 1/2 of them posted in just over a week. Seems they have now figured out a way to embed the commercials during the LIVE feed. The timing of those commercials seemed HORRIBLE to me, but, alas, I guess that's the cost of 'progress' .

Steve
    I believe both Cory and Jack Walbran had throttle cable issues. Cory on the Pace Lap in the Carousel and Jack in T1 at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    Steve - thanks for asking. Chuck is correct. Jack Walbran and I both went out with throttle cable problems. His broke and caused the throttle to stick wide open going into T1 after the green flag (no contact). Mine came off the throttle body on the engine during the pace lap - nothing was broken, stretched, misaligned or worn out. Another racing mystery. Regardless, Leon will be modifying the plate on the throttle body so it can never happen again.

For me the week was good otherwise - I am finally starting to get comfortable with the new car and shifting. Looking forward to getting back on track either at Homestead in January or Road Atlanta in March.

I had to leave after lunch on Saturday, so I missed the FV race. Looking forward to seeing it when the videos are posted.

Cory

23. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thread Information