Liked: 2

Default British FF rule book

Hello All,

First time poster ????

I have recently shipped over the pieces of a 2000 Getem FF from the UK and plan to restore to run in SCCA club racing. SCCA has told me I need to prep the car to the latest GCR. In the GCR it also states that the car can be prepped to the 2010 English FF regs. Does anyone have a copy of these I could copy. I've looked over the internet and can only find 2011 duratec or 2018 kent rules.

Thanks

Nathan

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Welcome!

I have a hard copy that I carry with me. I will have to look for a link for you. There should be a link on the FRP website but it is broken.

You used to be able to run the English-spec side intrusion panels that are wider, and slower, but some misguided political gamesmanship resulted in a rule change banning about 20 cars currently in North America. A bunch of us were made to remove the side intrusion safety panels and narrow our cars.

Those safety items are still legal in the FRP Pro Series and other non-SCCA racing including the Ontario and Quebec Series. So to run with SCCA, you will basically have to prepare your car to the current GCR. Where the English rules may apply, are some chassis features such as the roll bars. You will be able to use the FIA certification as support for an alternate roll bar design, as your car will probably not meet the SCCA rules. With the homologation process being obsoleted, this should not be a big deal. Assuming that you get a capable tech person, he/she should recognize the FIA certification and issue you a logbook.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 757

You should post some pics!
    I do miss the Champion of Brands / Kent County FF racing days with your Jason in the late 90's!
    Ben

Contributing Member
    Liked: 313

Nathan - the 2018 regs should cover most things, as they haven't changed significantly. Where there were changes, these are noted in the 2018 document along with the dates they came into force.

Regarding rollover bars, the current UK requirement is for either (a) certification or (b) dimensions for tubing that have to be used. Motorsport UK (formerly RACMSA) has published a guide here:

https://www.motorsportuk.org/wp-cont...8/ssrops-1.pdf

Hope that helps!

I'm guessing you are related to Martin Down?

Thanks Greg,

yeah i saw something about the sidepods. Wasn't there some confusion about the wording in that the English rules state 'may' raise and it was interpreted as 'must' raise ?

I have the MSA rollbar certificate somewhere so that should help. As for the side impact stuff it's not too much of an issue as i do not have any bodywork with the car so i have to make new molds and pieces

If you find that link it would be awesome

Cheers, Nathan

I have a hard copy that I carry with me. I will have to look for a link for you. There should be a link on the FRP website but it is broken.

You used to be able to run the English-spec side intrusion panels that are wider, and slower, but some misguided political gamesmanship resulted in a rule change banning about 20 cars currently in North America. A bunch of us were made to remove the side intrusion safety panels and narrow our cars.

Those safety items are still legal in the FRP Pro Series and other non-SCCA racing including the Ontario and Quebec Series. So to run with SCCA, you will basically have to prepare your car to the current GCR. Where the English rules may apply, are some chassis features such as the roll bars. You will be able to use the FIA certification as support for an alternate roll bar design, as your car will probably not meet the SCCA rules. With the homologation process being obsoleted, this should not be a big deal. Assuming that you get a capable tech person, he/she should recognize the FIA certification and issue you a logbook.[/QUOTE]

Hey Ben,

Maybe we can have a CoB duel sometime in our vintage FFs, just stateside hope your well mate ? This is probably how you remember it

Quote Originally Posted by SEComposites View Post
    You should post some pics!
    I do miss the Champion of Brands / Kent County FF racing days with your Jason in the late 90's!
    Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Hi TLRacer,

Yes, Martin was my Dad.

I've got the rollbar certificate somewhere, so all should be good on that front.

Cheers, Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by tlracer View Post
    Nathan - the 2018 regs should cover most things, as they haven't changed significantly. Where there were changes, these are noted in the 2018 document along with the dates they came into force.

Regarding rollover bars, the current UK requirement is for either (a) certification or (b) dimensions for tubing that have to be used. Motorsport UK (formerly RACMSA) has published a guide here:

https://www.motorsportuk.org/wp-cont...8/ssrops-1.pdf

Hope that helps!

I'm guessing you are related to Martin Down?

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

Default rules

[QUOTE=Nathan Down;610169]Hey Ben,

Maybe we can have a CoB duel sometime in our vintage FFs, just stateside hope your well mate ? This is probably how you remember it

is not a twenty year old car vintage?

s not a twenty year old car vintage?[/

It should be but I've got a lotus 61 too

Classifieds Super License swiftdrivr's Avatar
    Liked: 673

If you are having to build new bodywork, you might consider adding some side head protection. [not as exposed as a Lotus 61, however]
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Thread Information