Liked: 97

Default FS 1996 Van Diemen 4 shock FC Roller Kit

I have a 96 Van diemen that was stored inside in the corner of a shop for many years. It has not run in at least 10 years.
    We would like to work on another project so I am offering the car for basically the cost of the parts.
    It is all the parts for a roller minus battery, belts, and it has an old fuel cell.
    It has a PI 2 dash and some sensors, 4 Penske shocks, a spare frame with with small amount of damage. It has nice bodywork.
    There are other parts included that came off the spare frame. Someone can get a very nice car if they have the time to work on it.
    $6000 or best solid offer. I could probably sell it for more in parts but I want to see it run again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 121

I thought rollers included the gearbox, otherwise it's referred to as a slider?

Quote Originally Posted by Nardi View Post
    I thought rollers included the gearbox, otherwise it's referred to as a slider?
    It does include the LD200 gearbox. And also a spare front shock cover and perhaps a nose. The front wings are rough but could be reskinned. I forgot to drag this stuff into the picture.Thanks for reminding me. There is more also.

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Default won't..............

roll without wheels

Quote Originally Posted by provamo View Post
    roll without wheels
    Yes, it has a nice set of 5 spoke OZ wheels. I don't think it really has many miles on it.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

I think I've hit that car before.

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 65

I think I've mounted tires on those wheels. And that's been........ a while.

Liked: 324

Default Engine for Skips cars

If someone is looking into this car or one of the other cars that Skip has and need a motor, I have a recently built 5.7 rod Pinto motor (dyno time only) that I would sell. Be nice to see someone get a car, put it together and come join us on track.

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 5

Default 96 vd

Skip,

That looks like the sister car to mine, based on the four shock conversion, the PI dash and that custom tail cover. I spoke with Pat Prince awhile ago and according to him the team that ran our cars ran Greg LeMond. Mine still has that USAC sticker.

Great car, good luck with the sale. It would be great to see another oldie but goodie on the track again.

Hopefully when my health issues subside I'll see you guys at Sebring in the spring.

Liked: 12

Default 96 vd

Skip,

Been trying to get ahold of you. Can you shoot me a pm with your phone number or email? Your apex mailbox is full so I can’t send you any messages.

Thanks,
    AJ

Liked: 896

Nice!
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 4

PM sent.

this 96, the other 96, and both of the 2000 cars have all been sold. I still have lots of gears and some rear wing assemblies, 9 used Zetec short or long block engines. One or 2 Zetec chassis harnesses, a couple of ECU's. Lots of 2000 narrow track suspension parts. No legal scca intake manifolds. Thanks very much,
    Skip Weld
    Weldmotorsports@gmail.com

Thread Information