Liked: 5

Default 1986 Mariha: AX-Hillclimb-Trackday Car

REDUCED. LARGER DRIVER COMPATIBLE. The car is a 1986 Mariha sports 2000, converted to DSR in 2006 and run as a P2 most recently. Full roll cage, seat moved to the center and a 2004 GXSR 1000 (162 hp) installed. Paddle shifter. 2 set used tires mounted and 1 set stickers. Lots of sprockets, springs and spares (see below). SCCA Logbooks. Fits a 6'-2", 220+ lb driver without removing the current seat and pouring a custom seat.

Aluminum monocoque chassis with roll cage made of 1 3/8" 4130. Wheelbase 96", track front 60" rear 57" center seat. Weight 1160# with 185# driver and 4 gallons fuel. Engine Suzuki GSXR 1000. with carrillo rods, billet oilpan with 2006 oil pump and hydraulic clutch. Air box is stock and uses a K&N filter with ram air into the bottom of the airbox as Suzuki designed it. Spares include throttle bodies, stock airbox, air filter, fuel filters, ECMs, coils, redline oil and filters, springs 12 sets, sprockets new and used, chain. Complete axles with CV joints installed. Brake rotors and pads. Shift and throttle cables, rear rocker arms, 3 Datsun stub axles.

Car is located in the SF Bay Area.

Priced to Sell at $5,800.

SOLD

Shipping Resources:

www.corsia.us
    www.intercitylines.com
    www.enclosedcarshipping.shiplux.com
    www.batsmotorsports.com

Here's an Apex thread:
    https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...Shipping-a-car
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark Townsend; 09.27.20 at 8:33 PM.

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 0

Default Mariha

Is the Car still Available?

Liked: 39

Default Mariha

I would rate this car at that asking price the bargain of the day. It would be a ball in autocross or as an open track day toy or even use it for what it was originally built for at probably 1 fifth the price of the cars it would be competing against. And probably beating some, or more, of them. If I had the room I'd of bought it but I already have 2 race cars.

If you know the new/current owner of this car ask him if the car might be for sale now. I could be interested.

S2racer
    tdf4golf@yahoo.com

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by s2racer View Post
    If you know the new/current owner of this car ask him if the car might be for sale now. I could be interested.

S2racer
    tdf4golf@yahoo.com

Hi,
    I am the current owner of the car.

I have been rehabilitating the car since I picked it up Oct '21.
    Engine, brakes, wiring, new fuel cell, steering rack rebuild, chain drive train.
    (It was not in the great condition Kenn had it in, as shown on this original "For Sale" thread.)

I've met a lot of really nice people along the way. Lots of stories!

We just had our first successful race weekend at the VARA "British Extravaganza" at Buttonwillow.

No current plans to sell. But you never know. At least it'll be a proper "running car" again when I do.

Steve

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Hello current owner, I would be interested in buying the "Mariah" car. I had left a posting in the somewhat distant passes that I would be interested in buying the car. So if your interests wain or you need some cash for another car or buying Christmas presents or for any other reason please give me a call. I live in the Fresno California area and it could be an easy transaction.

previous comment.
    "Hi,
    I am the current owner of the car.

I have been rehabilitating the car since I picked it up Oct '21.
    Engine, brakes, wiring, new fuel cell, steering rack rebuild, chain drive train.
    (It was not in the great condition Kenn had it in, as shown on this original "For Sale" thread.)

I've met a lot of really nice people along the way. Lots of stories!

We just had our first successful race weekend at the VARA "British Extravaganza" at Buttonwillow.

No current plans to sell. But you never know. At least it'll be a proper "running car" again when I do.

Steve"

1986 Mariha: AX-Hillclimb-Trackday Car

S2racer
    tdf4golf@yahoo.com
    Phone (559) 287-9248

Liked: 1

Left you a message to see what your interest is.

Steve
    (949) 375-1863

Default Mariah

Hi Steve, we messaged about the car but I dropped the ball. A'm now wondering if you do or don't have the car anymore?

You sacred me of last time saying You had put a lot of money in it.. Where are to on price?

Tom

Thread Information