Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Default 90-96 Van Diemen Damper Orientation

Gents;

I am STRONGLY considering replacing my Penske 8100s (remote canister) 2-ways, with ST44 Ohlins (potentially converted to 3-way piggy-backs). I need help to address the reservoir location related to the chassis alignment and coach clearance. Any help, especially photos to msengineering at cox. Net?
    V/r

Iverson

I am going to make a guess of 45 degrees canter inward. Anyone?
    V/r

Iverson

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1477

I don't see how you can make piggybacks work on the front of 90-95's. Its enough of a PITA with remotes.

Why not go with the Konis with the internal gas chamber if you have mad money?

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 26

Rick,

Would it be possible to flip one of the shocks around (180 degree mounting change) thus making more clearance room for the reservoirs? I don't think the shocks care what direction they are mounted but I would verify with one of the shock experts first (assuming this helps.) Just a thought.

Craig

Liked: 259

Rick-

if space is the perceived problem, consider stepping up to TTX40 Ohlins; no canister among other attractive features/benefits.... attached picture shows two TTX40's mounted in the front of a RF-00 (ie: a late model VD); 2" ID x 4" long springs contribute to their packaging advantages

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

Art, those are truly an engineering masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Smith View Post
    Rick-

if space is the perceived problem, consider stepping up to TTX40 Ohlins; no canister among other attractive features/benefits.... attached picture shows two TTX40's mounted in the front of a RF-00 (ie: a late model VD); 2" ID x 4" long springs contribute to their packaging advantages

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net
    V/r

Iverson

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Kirchner View Post
    I don't see how you can make piggybacks work on the front of 90-95's. Its enough of a PITA with remotes.
    Rick, the ST44s have a unique configuration, and are 2.0” springs. I sent them to Joey at Essex for conversion to 3-ways. Still a bare chassis, but just slipping in place leads me to believe there is all the clearance in the world.
    V/r

Iverson

Rick-

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net
    Art, may I ask where you purchased the linear potentiometer mounts from?
    V/r

Iverson

Rick-

the shock pot mounts were purchased from Velocity Haus and shortened for my installation. once shortened, the two in back and the forward one in front work great. currently thinking about what's needed for the rear mount in front as I wasn't happy with the one from Velocity Haus.

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

Rick-

the shock pot mounts were purchased from Velocity Haus and shortened for my installation. once shortened, the two in back and the forward one in front work great. currently thinking about what's needed for the rear mount in front as I wasn't happy with the one from Velocity Haus.

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net
    Doing business with Greg as we speak. Thx Bud, be safe.
    V/r

Iverson

Rick-

good luck!

be well

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

Thread Information