Thread: 1986 Mariah DSR

Liked: 5

Default 1986 Mariah DSR

REDUCED. LARGER DRIVER COMPATIBLE. The car is a 1986 Mariha sports 2000, converted to DSR in 2006 and run as a P2 most recently. Full roll cage, seat moved to the center and a 2004 GXSR 1000 (162 hp) installed. Paddle shifter. 2 set used tires mounted and 1 set stickers. Lots of sprockets, springs and spares (see below). SCCA Logbooks.

Fits up a 6'-2", 220lb+ driver without removing the current seat and pouring a custom seat (picture showing 6'-2" driver shown).

Aluminum monocoque chassis with roll cage made of 1 3/8" 4130. Wheelbase 96", track front 60" rear 57" center seat. Weight 1160# with 185# driver and 4 gallons fuel. Engine Suzuki GSXR 1000. with carrillo rods, billet oilpan with 2006 oil pump and hydraulic clutch. Air box is stock and uses a K&N filter with ram air into the bottom of the airbox as Suzuki designed it. Spares include throttle bodies, stock airbox, air filter, fuel filters, ECMs, coils, redline oil and filters, springs 12 sets, sprockets new and used, chain. Complete axles with CV joints installed. Brake rotors and pads. Shift and throttle cables, rear rocker arms, 3 Datsun stub axles.

Car is located in the SF Bay Area.

Priced to Sell at $5,800.

SOLD

Shipping Resources:

www.corsia.us
    www.intercitylines.com
    www.enclosedcarshipping.shiplux.com
    www.batsmotorsports.com

Here's an Apex thread:
    https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...Shipping-a-car
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark Townsend; 09.27.20 at 8:35 PM. Reason: Pictures

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 94

Does Kenn still own this car? Is there a diff in back, or is it still a spool/locked rear end?

Its a bit heavy, but for what you're asking, this car is a steal. Kenns cars were always well done. Good luck with the sale!

Oh, and its a Mariah S2.

Quote Originally Posted by 10rmotor View Post
    Does Kenn still own this car? Is there a diff in back, or is it still a spool/locked rear end?

Its a bit heavy, but for what you're asking, this car is a steal. Kenns cars were always well done. Good luck with the sale!

Oh, and its a Mariah S2.
    Rear end is still locked version. Kenn doesn't own the car any longer.

Liked: 0

Post Mariha Hill climb /D SR car

Very interested In the car is still available?

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by 10rmotor View Post
    Yes
    He caught the car on fire at Buttonwillow, that Sevens Only shop took advantage of him and he's buried in the car, $12-14k.

Liked: 36

I've seen it listed to a couple facebook groups I'm in as well over the past couple months, once asking about potential to rent it out. Thought I had saved one of the listings but don't see it now.
    Van Diemen RF78 #258

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BTennessen View Post
    I've seen it listed to a couple facebook groups I'm in as well over the past couple months, once asking about potential to rent it out. Thought I had saved one of the listings but don't see it now.
    With no reserve someone should get a good price on this. I know the original builder and he did a nice job on the conversion. I can’t say how it’s been maintained since he sold it. I too have seen it in some fb for sale ads and thought he wanted way too much for what cars like this are going for. If it gets to 10k I’ll be surprised. This car does have a few goodies but it’s heavy and most likely a bit under powered.

Thread Information