Thread: Limited RPM

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 0

Default Limited RPM

Hope you all can help.
    I went and tested this past weekend at Barber. In my first session the car would only rev to about 5500 rpm. It feels like I'm hitting the Pit Road speed limiter. But I'm not on the button. Have any of you experienced this issue? Thanks in advance for your help!

Geoff

Liked: 803

Similar issue posted recently. Check your vacuum connections.
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
    Similar issue posted recently. Check your vacuum connections.
    Will do. Thank you!

Liked: 42

Default oil temp

If your oil temp is below 150, the engine is limited to 5500 RPM

Moses

Contributing Member
    Liked: 60

Moses, I had the same issue my first time out in my PFM. In my previous Zetec powered car I would typically warm up between 135-150. Always worked out well.

The rotary powered pro Mazda needs to get much warmer. Mine was 170. Star cars warm up guide indicates 180.

In my first two laps the car would sputter. Once my temp hit 170 it took off! Simple fix, warm up in pit or false grid before hitting the track.

Thanks Guys!

Geoff

Liked: 42

Default oil temp

It is oil temp specific. ECU doesnt care what the water temp is.

Monitor your oil temp. In the cooler months you will need to block off the oil cooler to maintain 150+ on oil temp.

If you end up on track and it goes into cold oil limiter, do not up shift, this will allow the car to travel faster, cooling the oil more. Stay in the lower gear and generate heat. Obviously if you are being dangerous at this speed, up shift, and bring it into the pits. You should not leave pit lane until you have 160 on oil temp.

Again, the cooler months will be more tricky. If the ambient is 50 degrees or less, the oil temp will cool below 150 if you do not block off the oil cooler.

Moses

Liked: 530

I had a pit speed limiter button fail on a PFM once even though I wasn't using it all the sudden it kicked in during a test and tune at Homestead. So check the button also..

Liked: 59

This would help warm the oil before leaving the pit area especially on the cool mornings.
    https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...asp?RecID=1268

Thread Information