Liked: 447

Default Corona Cup Event #17 - 7/21/2020 USF2K 2017 @ Portland

Race recap from Willow Springs: Newcomer to the league, Aaron Strouhal, takes his first win! Practice definitely paid off! Aaron ran a shocking 1266 laps in preparation for the event that were logged on the server. After a first corner melee at the start, Aaron and Eric Little gapped the field with me following in third a couple of seconds behind. Aaron and Eric proceeded to pull away consistently from the rest of us and Aaron never looked back even though Eric was applying as much pressure as he could. Nicely done! Aaron ended up winning with Eric and Steve Davis rounding out the podium.

This week we're hitting another track from out West, but it's a little bit more popular with the Indycar folk... The new version of Portland from S397! Come on out and race with us!

Some things to remember:

Remember to please use your real first and last name before joining the server. By default, rFactor2 will use your Steam account name, but you can edit your name next to your "Nickname" within rFactor2 in the upper right corner of the landing page where you select your option for single or multi-player.

It is suggested that everyone log into the Discord channel for chat. Discord is a Skype type of application used by gamers. You'll need to install and enter the ApexSpeed.com Sim Racing room linked below. https://discordapp.com/

Please bind a key for "Push to talk" in Discord so that others don't have to hear unnecessary noise you broadcast to the room. We don't need to hear that you screwed up, your shifters clicking, your simulated wind noise, or that your dog wants to go outside. Instructions for doing this are here: https://appuals.com/enable-configure-push-talk-discord/

Now that the group is getting bigger, please refrain from unnecessary voice chat during qualifying and the race. Some of us can't pat their head and rub their belly at the same time, so please be considerate to that and only use voice chat during qualifying or racing for race related discussion like alerting people you're pulling out of the pit lane, a request to restart a race (like we had last night), or a huge pileup in T1, etc...

Server Name: ApexSpeed
    Passw: rfactor2

Driving aids allowed: Invulnerability, Auto Blip, Auto Clutch

Discord Room: https://discord.gg/PnYjbmh - Please bind a key for "Push to talk".

Please subscribe to the car and track in your Steam account before loading rFactor2 and you'll automatically get the car and track installed when you join the server.

USF2000 2017
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1782916300

Portland 2019
    Included in rF2

Results and Record Dashboard - http://apexspeed.servegame.com:58000/default
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 73

Default Corona Cup Event #17 - 7/21/2020 USF2K 2017 @ Portland

Thank you for the recap Keith. I had the week off last week (furlough from COVID-19) and bought a new Logitech G29 wheel. Had time and a new toy.

Willow is so fast that it took a TON of practice and a large amount of setup tweaking to find speed.

Want to congratulate my friend Tim Henson who I encouraged to join the league for his excellent P2 lapin qualifying.
    Unfortunately he got caught up in the T1 wall at the start. (car was literally hung up inside the wall and had no option other than stopping)

One very important lesson from last night. Don' trust the fuel calcs in the game. I ran out of fuel on the last corner of the last lap and in fact had to run most of the lap in 6th gear low revs. I will be running a few more gallons in the future!

Great racing with everyone and there are some blazing fast people in the league! I feel very fortunate to win.
    Looing forward to next week's race.

Aaron

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 0

Aaron also took the time to coach me around Willow Springs last weekend. It really upped my game. Thanks again Aaron.
    Thomas Benham

Liked: 73

Quote Originally Posted by tommytipover View Post
    Aaron also took the time to coach me around Willow Springs last weekend. It really upped my game. Thanks again Aaron.
    Glad to help Thomas, was not a problem. I did not know you could watch other drivers as the go around the track in real time.
    I will remember that next time I am out there hot lapping! (Can't give away ALL my speed secrets!)

Glad you were able to improve!

Aaron

Thread Information