Liked: 57

Default 2020 Solo Nationals

Didnt see a thread already and figured someone had to start it....

Registration across the board looks understandably light at the moment. Currently only 5 in CM. Probably like a lot of people, I am still on the fence about going. To potentially save the cancellation fee I thought about waiting/watching to see if the event started approaching the cap but since I have issues remembering to take the trash out every week I opted to error on the side of having a spot.

I spent the extended off season getting the car back together which included a project to make some new sidepods. I have only had a chance to run one local event this year but that wont really impact my decision to go, it was pretty frustrating watching last year.

Matt Boian
    CM 14

Liked: 309

Default In...

I'm in!

Given my engine issues last year, 2019 was really frustrating that peeked on the Mon of Nationals; I was headed to the scales but engine hydro-locked when I went to start it.

For 2020, new block / new head which I fortunately have been able to run a few times given all the schedule modifications. I'm hopeful that 2020 will play out and we'll be able to run Nationals.

That said, I think Nationals entry will be sub-1000 and CM will struggle to reach average competitors for Lincoln (20). Actually, I could see setting a low for Lincoln which was set in 2011 when just 14 ran; a number of folks have switched classes plus the uncertainty of the impact surrounding a trip to Lincoln...
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Liked: 238

Ken and I will not be attending. My car build is going very slowly. At this point, it's looking like the car might be ready mid-winter 2021. For all who attend this year, have fun, be safe.
    Jim

I wish I understood everything I know.

Liked: 80

Quote Originally Posted by -pru- View Post

That said, I think Nationals entry will be sub-1000 and CM will struggle to reach average competitors for Lincoln (20). Actually, I could see setting a low for Lincoln which was set in 2011 when just 14 ran; a number of folks have switched classes plus the uncertainty of the impact surrounding a trip to Lincoln...
    I'm in... I'm with you Pru if we see more then 10 drivers this year I will be surprised you never know what may happen. That being said base on Numbers 5 to 6 more drivers will enter but if 14 show up that will be great.

What the hell's going on with FM 19 drivers, Wow!

Ben

Liked: 310

Not going, fried Reynards are not very fast. And, I'm sticking close to home until there is a vaccine. Maybe there will be another CM next year, or maybe there will be a used Aston Martin in the garage. The depreciation on those things in astounding.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 65

Quote Originally Posted by CM/FFdriver View Post
    What the hell's going on with FM 19 drivers, Wow!
    2 stroke smoke promotes social distancing. Although, it's hard to tell if the coughing is from the smoke or if the person has the crud.

I should know. When I'm not tire warming I'm smoking up the joint with a KM 2 stroke. NOBODY wants to come hang with me in grid. lol

Contributing Member
    Liked: 81

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Not going, fried Reynards are not very fast. And, I'm sticking close to home until there is a vaccine. Maybe there will be another CM next year, or maybe there will be a used Aston Martin in the garage. The depreciation on those things in astounding.
    Ouch! Don't rub it in.
    I bought a Vantage V8 just over 10 years ago. The previous owners took a $100/mile depreciation.
    Now it's my turn. Truthfully, it's not too bad, about $1.52/mile over 124 months.

Liked: 309

Default Aug 12...

2020 Solo Nationals Registration Schedule
    • Wednesday, July 1 @ 3 pm central – Regular Entry Fee $195 (cancel with refund minus $50 admin fee)
    • Wednesday August 12 @ Midnight – Entry fee moves to $325 (cancel fee moves to refund minus $100)

As of this post, CM entry remains at 5 with overall entry now at 700. A lot of time to go before the jump in entry/cancellation fees as well hitting cap of 1325...

To the best of my knowledge, attached is a screen shot of remaining potential entrants (i.e. folks who have ran the Solo Nationals within the last 5 years / currently own a CM car) with second grouping being Canadian folks who are currently not allowed to cross into the US...
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Liked: 295

I have the 98 Van Dieman previoiusly known as Groot by Phil. I would be interested in a co driver at Nationals. I will not attend solo though (pun intended)

I have been having a lot of fun with it. It is dead reliable, fast and nice neutral handling.

For an excellent fit you'd need to be near my size and shape. 5'8 195# With a wide ribcage and shortish legs with longish arms. It will pad up for someone smaller I imagine fairly easily.

The changes I have made to the car include raising the rear ride height a quarter inch and dialing in a touch of toe out. I will probably end up putting most of that toe out back like it was. Also changed the oil and filter.

I have run probably ten events between last year and this.

It is a great car.

Liked: 65

I will not be attending 2020 Nationals even if the border were to open in time. Besides the pandemic, I have too many other life events holding me back.

Have fun and be safe! Hope to see everyone in 2021!
    Corey #193

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 80

Hello All,

If you haven't heard yet, the Solo National's is cancel. So make your plans for next year now.

Ben

Liked: 295

Sorry to hear that.

Liked: 8

Default lincoln weather

For those that are upset about missing solo nationals...
    The weather this morning in Lincoln is light rain, 44 degrees, wind chill of 37!!!
    Now I am glad, that it didnt happen this year.

Liked: 310

Rained all day, yesterday. 100% chance of rain today, 40% tomorrow, and 60% Friday.

Liked: 238

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Rained all day, yesterday. 100% chance of rain today, 40% tomorrow, and 60% Friday.

Lincoln is crying because we're not there.
    Jim

I wish I understood everything I know.

18. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 99

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Schmidt View Post
    44 degrees, wind chill of 37!!!
    No thanks
    Brandon L. #96 FF
    -PM me for RF85/86 bellhousing

Thread Information