Thread: WRD Racing

Liked: 95

Default WRD Racing

I had to replace the 1st/2nd shift fork in my LD200. Installation was easy enough but I found after putting everything back to gather numerus times I wasn’t getting the selector rods to engage 3rd and 4th gears. I called Lee at Williams Racing Division, (WRD) thinking I would have to bring the gear box to their shop to correct the issue. He talked me through how to adjust the shift fork so the guide rods would be in the correct alignment in the case. It probably took me 7 or 8 tries to get the correct rotation but I got it. Probably would have taken Lee or Paul 1 or 2 tries. Thanks Lee.
    A trick I found that made installing the gears back into the case easier, is to wrap a piece of string around the upper shaft after the gear set is ¾ of the way on. This holds first gear in place while I twist the lower lay shaft to align in the spline. Once the bearing cover is 1/8” from being all the way installed I release one side of the string and pull it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LD200.jpg 
Views:	560 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	93081  

Liked: 1432

Great, another thread to give Lee an even bigger head.

But really, Lee is the man. He's helped me over the phone and emails many times. He's a good human.

3. The following 6 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 647

Quote Originally Posted by reidhazelton View Post
    Great, another thread to give Lee an even bigger head.

But really, Lee is the man. He's helped me over the phone and emails many times. He's a good human.
    Ditto
    V/r

Iverson

Thread Information