Classifieds Super License Mesamaui's Avatar
    Liked: 29

Default Upgrading Lola T492 front brakes

I’m running the stock LD20 calipers with solid rotors and would like to upgrade to vented rotors and bigger calipers
    Is there an easy way to convert without problems with the 13” Revolution Wheels ?

Thanks in advance for advice

Maui

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 270

Default 492 Brakes

Most of the vented brake conversions we did back in the day just added weight and really didnt help - the new generation of pads took care of a lot of the heat/fade issues. The 4 piston metro calipers did make a difference but awkward to fit in your car - mounting holes are 1/4 inch different. The ACRL S2 guys used a wildwood caliper that was pretty easy to fit back in the day
    Phil

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

There is a CNC (brand) ally caliper that will fit the Lola uprights and will need minimal grinding to fit inside the 13" wheel. These were used on some ACRL cars. Haven't seen any available for a while but they should be around. No need for vented rotors.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Liked: 281

I may be wrong but I believe that the CNC ACRL calipers fit the LD65 spacing and not the LD20. It's been a while since I have seen one

Classifieds Super License Mesamaui's Avatar
    Liked: 29

Thanks for the input so far
    at my last race at Buttonwillow the rotor temperature was greater than 1250 F even with cooling to the rotors and I would like to lower the heat with bigger vented brakes

Thread Information