Liked: 12

Default Lola T94/00 Suspension Questions

Hello,

I have a Lola T94/00 that I'm slowly piecing together parts for to get it back on track eventually. I'm trying to decide what shocks to go with as it currently has stiff beams installed. I have been working out of state the last few months, and havent been able to spend much time other then ordering parts, so forgive me for asking what might amount to stupid questions.

I'm thinking a TT40 or TT44 should work, but I haven't been able to find much definitive info on travel length and shock size that will work for these. Before I can get home to take it apart and start measuring, I figured I would check in here to see if anyone knew off the top of their head what might work. I've found a set that are 10.2" and 11.5" long with 2.25" springs that Im hoping might do the job.

Also, I've seen pictures of them being run with both remote reservoirs and with standard ones fixed on the shock body. It seems like it would be a tight fit without remotes, but once again, I haven't been able to get a set to try it out. Any thoughts?

Regards,
    Dylan

Contributing Member
    Liked: 313

As you have the linkages, etc. you can get a decent idea of open/closed shock lengths:

a) Support the weight of one end of the car on a jack then remove the solid links
    b) Lower carefully on the jack to a point just before the pushrod/rocker assembly starts to bind
    c) Measure the centre distance between the shock mounts on the chassis and on the rocker
    d) Repeat but lifting the chassis on the jack

Do the same for the other end of the car.

If you don't want to compete the car, simply build it up as a 'running display' then you don't need to go to the cost of Ohlins TT shocks. Any decent brand of race shocks will suffice and help keep costs containable. I'm not too familiar with US shocks, but someone like Nitron ( http://www.nitronracingshocks.com/ ) should be able to assist.

Liked: 17

why not just ask lola 9400 owner for the part number off their dampers

Thread Information